XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread

Arno Nühm

In the admin page of elasticsearch I have an info in "Content Type to optimize" for "XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread". Even if I click on "optimize mapping" this message still appears.

I already did a rebuild of the index. Still there.

Elasticsearch Server 1.7.3 ... maybe this one is too old? Which version do we need?

Thanks in advance!

If you have a specific content type being listed, then that would be something related to an add-on, so that might be relevant.

But Elasticsearch 5 is out now, though that's a pretty big jump so you need to make sure you're running the latest version of XenForo Enhanced Search. If you're not, the latest in the 2.x series is safer.

In the admin page of elasticsearch I have an info in "Content Type to optimize" for "XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Thread". Even if I click on "optimize mapping" this message still appears.
This is from my Elastic Search Essentials add-on. It is listing the content types that XenForo is detecting that need optimization.

Often you will need to delete the index from the Elastic Search config screen, and then re-index content. I'll need to re-test how this is behaving under Elastic Search v5 as it handles schema updates poorly.

@Mike any chance the phrasing of the rebuild cache action can be "delete index content before rebuilding" rather than "Delete the index before rebuilding"? Especially as there is a significant difference betweent the two actions with Elastic Search.

@Mike any chance the phrasing of the rebuild cache action can be "delete index content before rebuilding" rather than "Delete the index before rebuilding"? Especially as there is a significant difference betweent the two actions with Elastic Search.
If you aren't selecting a particular type, it does actually delete the entire index though (it immediately recreates it in what we think is an optimized form).

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom