• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest XenForo_EditHistoryHandler_Post

xf_phantom

Wouldn't it make sense to move the content of XenForo_EditHistoryHandler_Post::revertToVersion to a new abstract method in the XenForo_EditHistoryHandler_Abstract and have only the the datawriter as variable?

I'm asking because this method can be used for ALL content types which are using the XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Abstract class.
The only difference is the message datawriter name.

Just to be sure you know what i mean:
PHP:
public function revertToVersion(array $content, $revertCount, array $history, array $previous = null)
   {
     $dw = XenForo_DataWriter::create('XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post', XenForo_DataWriter::ERROR_SILENT);
     $dw->setExistingData($content);
     $dw->setOption(XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage::OPTION_EDIT_DATE_DELAY, -1);
     $dw->setOption(XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage::OPTION_IS_AUTOMATED, true);
     $dw->set('message', $history['old_text']);
     $dw->set('edit_count', $dw->get('edit_count') + 1);
     if ($dw->get('edit_count'))
     {
       if (!$previous || $previous['edit_user_id'] != $content['user_id'])
       {
         // if previous is a mod edit, don't show as it may have been hidden
         $dw->set('last_edit_date', 0);
       }
       else if ($previous && $previous['edit_user_id'] == $content['user_id'])
       {
         $dw->set('last_edit_date', $previous['edit_date']);
         $dw->set('last_edit_user_id', $previous['edit_user_id']);
       }
     }

return $dw->save();
   }

or another (probably better solution) =>

A new abstract XenForo_EditHistoryHandler_Message class (like the DiscussionMessage Datawriter) which
includes a new abstract method getMessageDataWriter and which also implements already
  • revertToVersion (as i said, only the dw is dynamic)
  • getText (it's "always" the message key if XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage is being used
  • formatHistory

This would reduce the necessary code:)