Xenforo

TYSPRS

Hey all I run a mc server and are currently using enjin! I have a lot of experience coding mc stuff but nothing to do with websites!
I am looking into xenforo and need to know a couple of things!
1)
What extras are useful?
2)
Is it easy for someone with no experience coding online?
3)
Is it easy to install onto a web host?
4)
What web host is good and reliable?
5)
Would u recommend it over enjin?

Thanks

The add-on is free. No idea about any XenForo theme for Engin, any details on that would be on another site as this site is for XenForo add-ons and themes for XenForo.

Assuming that this is the add on that @Martok meant, click on the Download Now link to download it.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/
Only XenForo licence holders can download resources, as Brogan said.

oh.
with the addon is it easy to add forum pages and modules into that page?
@Brogan
You don't need that add-on to create pages and forums, that can all be done with XenForo itself. The add-on adds the facility to add nodes (forums) as tabs in the navigation.

I wish to create a community such as this
Www.aton2.com
I host 2 mc servers and they would be on the web as well as a community!
As of that I am unsure of what addons I would need and how easy it is to install into a web host
@wang @OUTL4W @Brogan
That link is using a portal addon
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/

I tried the demo and i had to add code in to add one navigation section and then once added it didnt come under the tree section so i could add modules??
@Martok

And modules are the same a widgets
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

And if I understand correctly you run a Minecraft server?...just search Minecraft in title and you should find plenty of resources.

Thanks!
Are there any classic xenforo css themes you could supply some code for me?
just so i could see the styles?
Also if i got xenforo how could i add a auto moderator, something i have seen be done on other webs

Are there any classic xenforo css themes you could supply some code for me?
Themes are only available to licensed customers to download.

just so i could see the styles?
You can look in the Resources section at themes, most have screenshots so you can see what they're like.

Also if i got xenforo how could i add a auto moderator, something i have seen be done on other webs
Depends on what you mean by auto moderator. There are built-in abilities in XenForo to automatically put posts into moderation and to require accounts to be manually approved if they are suspected of being spam. Ultimately a real moderator/admin will have to deal with these though.

Ok thanks!
Its a moderator that locks certain threads automatically
@Martok
You'd need an add-on for that. I don't know if one exists, you'd have to search in the Resources section.

so if i got the navigation addon would it be really easy to create pages and add them to my navigation menu and then add forums and feeds ect to them?
You can create pages and forums anyway with the standard XenForo package. With the add-on you can then add links to these in the navigation.

Top Bottom