Xenforo, xenforo, xenForo, XenForo?

Hotfix

Why does the official logo say xenForo?

While the staff keep calling it XenForo?

And the url of the website say xenforo?

Zero consistency.

To put the emphasis on Foro (forum).
When used in a title, as used in some forum titles of this site, to maintain consistency with other forum titles XenForo is used, as well as when typing it in a message, like this one. If it was written like Xenforo, then the abbreviation would not be XF but rather just plain old X. XF is also used in the directory structure, denoting XenForo (which probably should be written as Xen-Foro).
All XenForo generated URL's are lower case, scroll over your username to see, :)

So technically speaking the apparent lack of consistency with the spelling is fairly consistent in itself, :p

You can call Xenforo or you can call me XenForo or you can call me xenforo, just don't call me late for dinner. 😁

(I forget who I paraphrased that from)

Zero consistency.
As for the URL, the letters in the domain name are always going to resolve to lowercase, no matter how you might type them out in your address bar, so not sure what would possibly be the point of spelling out the domain name in mixed case...? So that's consistent with literally millions of websites that don't use only lowercase on the actual sites themselves.... :unsure: As for the other two, I'd put it under, "It doesn't really matter." :whistle:

There are hundreds of companies in the world who stylise their brand differently in their logo to how it is written.

Just looking at two of the tabs I have open right now...
  • eBay's logo is
    1615049897364.png

• Amazon's logo is
    1615049918612.png

It's really not that unusual.

As for domain names - when do you actually see uppercase domain names? It's fairly industry standard for all URLs to be in lowercase.

To be clear, our name is XenForo and that's generally how it should be written. Not xenForo (that's just the logo), not xenforo, not Xenforo and definitely not xEnFoRo.

There's something known as brand styling. Like the movie Se7en (which you may have written as Seven)... or Yahoo! (exclamation point). It is not expected to always use the styling in text. Sometimes it is even impossible, upside down letters, etc.

Signed,
bEErForo

Top Bottom