XenForo Website

Robbo

I would like to start a website dedicated to XenForo. A blog like http://phpmaster.com/ powered by XenForo and obviously with a forum/community. I would need a designer and possibly another coder (as I am one myself) to help out. Would be a per profit thing and have a business model similar to sitepoint.com where you attract writers and give them money according to how many views they get. With the right people it could easily become the biggest site aimed at XenForo. Would take some time before it received income though.

Just posting to see if anyone is interested in such an undertaking.

Yes, the blog system is ready but still in active development.
The example is site in my signature. Now the wiki-module is becoming ready.
Also a lot of refactoring is being done. Extra CodeEvents and Widgets System became separate modules.

So technical part is ok, but blog needs bloggers :)

I like the idea of a non-official site supporting Xenforo, this worked well with vBulletin.org for example. XenFans showed there is potential in this idea.

Just for the record I will still be doing this at some point in the future and have a designer or 2 interested. It just comes down to my own time now which means this is months and months off.

Also a lot of refactoring is being done. Extra CodeEvents and Widgets System became separate modules.

I really need a powerful wiki for a forum of mine ... I am looking to vaultwiki ... but still not even in public realease :(
I would be happy to see one

you are a valuible member sir ,

Thanks ...

Just for the record I will still be doing this at some point in the future and have a designer or 2 interested. It just comes down to my own time now which means this is months and months off.
any good project needs time to evolve .... we still can drew the Headlines of the website ...

I like the idea of a non-official site supporting Xenforo, this worked well with vBulletin.org for example. XenFans showed there is potential in this idea.
Thank you for saying that.

Also, if there is ONE site with the right staff, I have no problem talking in private about moving the content of xenfans into that to help it.

*looks at your blogs section*

Please consider changing the 'threads' prefix to blogs. I think Jake posted a resource to help you out with that.

I had those sorts of conversations in private with a handful of people as it was our unofficial business model to be there from the start of XenForo and be that one site that isn't' vBulletin.org, but just sits on top of XenForo to offer it as an extension with documentation, add ons, working together with other fan sites and grow the XF universe.

We talked about changing ownership, have someone register it as a company and take over so I could focus on version 2 and the content. Or to just sell it to those who had made offers over 2500.

Unfortn. due to personal circumstances I was unable to move forward and spend time on XenFans for 2012 as originally planned. We were close to making some decisions public and move forward for 2012 and inform involved parties about this. But even before I could publish an announcement within hours I had received so much negativity - and with HAVING to address offline stuff, including the loss of a close friend an later an uncle - my time was not focussed on 'caring f* all'. And changed the "version 1 archive" (to be replaced with "version 2" on the xenfans.net until jan 1st), with just a 'we are closed, bye' notice, and informed potential buyers I've reconsidered, and told the other parties involved to remove xenfans.net and not go public with version 2. And focussed on the reasons why I was forced change.

The private admin on xenfans decided to keep the archive open until end of December 2012, giving me time to deal with everything and about twelve months to reconsider it's future.

We made sure all premium memberships had expired, and renewed them until the end of the year. And that all plugins are free and made available to all registered members that supported us. And that anybody showing an interest in a service was informed we were no longer able to help out. And finish converting those who we already started. Again, before I could publish the prepared announcement and open xenfans.net, I got so much negativity that I got quite upset about it after being there since the private alpha invite by Kier & Mike & Ashley and breaking the news, to sharing our resources and writing documentation, etc. That I took the plugins down from this site and limit access to those who signed up to xenfans. And we made sure all plugins work on 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 of XF. If this was smart to do, perhaps not, with the resource manager coming out and forums going to read only here, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway.

My situation hasn't changed much, my health and that of my family has been far from great, to just name one issue that's a daily challenge for me. But the year isn't over yet, and of course we all hope for better times. I have moved away from running communities, kinda done with forums. Some people are just relentless and I find it hard sometimes to see how people treat each other, I hate how it makes me bitter and short and care less about what I value so much.

If people like Ragtek and Robbo are in it for the long run, and if there are great team members like AlexD and Jake Bunce for example, XenFans.com could be repurposed to everybody's need without me having to invest much more time into it. I am always open to these discussions, as I was last year, and have been this year. But I have to be honest as well and won't just give up XenFans to "good intentions", nor without certain conditions being met.

Just writing it out a bit, hopefully to give perspective, not to explain myself.

I had those sorts of conversations in private with a handful of people as it was our unofficial business model to be there from the start of XenForo and be that one site that isn't' vBulletin.org, but just sits on top of XenForo to offer it as an extension with documentation, add ons, working together with other fan sites and grow the XF universe.

We talked about changing ownership, have someone register it as a company and take over so I could focus on version 2 and the content. Or to just sell it to those who had made offers over 2500.

Unfortn. due to personal circumstances I was unable to move forward and spend time on XenFans for 2012 as originally planned. We were close to making some decisions public and move forward for 2012 and inform involved parties about this. But even before I could publish an announcement within hours I had received so much negativity - and with HAVING to address offline stuff, including the loss of a close friend an later an uncle - my time was not focussed on 'caring f* all'. And changed the "version 1 archive" (to be replaced with "version 2" on the xenfans.net until jan 1st), with just a 'we are closed, bye' notice, and informed potential buyers I've reconsidered, and told the other parties involved to remove xenfans.net and not go public with version 2. And focussed on the reasons why I was forced change.

The private admin on xenfans decided to keep the archive open until end of December 2012, giving me time to deal with everything and about twelve months to reconsider it's future.

We made sure all premium memberships had expired, and renewed them until the end of the year. And that all plugins are free and made available to all registered members that supported us. And that anybody showing an interest in a service was informed we were no longer able to help out. And finish converting those who we already started. Again, before I could publish the prepared announcement and open xenfans.net, I got so much negativity that I got quite upset about it after being there since the private alpha invite by Kier & Mike & Ashley and breaking the news, to sharing our resources and writing documentation, etc. That I took the plugins down from this site and limit access to those who signed up to xenfans. And we made sure all plugins work on 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 of XF. If this was smart to do, perhaps not, with the resource manager coming out and forums going to read only here, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway.

My situation hasn't changed much, my health and that of my family has been far from great, to just name one issue that's a daily challenge for me. But the year isn't over yet, and of course we all hope for better times. I have moved away from running communities, kinda done with forums. Some people are just relentless and I find it hard sometimes to see how people treat each other, I hate how it makes me bitter and short and care less about what I value so much.

If people like Ragtek and Robbo are in it for the long run, and if there are great team members like AlexD and Jake Bunce for example, XenFans.com could be repurposed to everybody's need without me having to invest much more time into it. I am always open to these discussions, as I was last year, and have been this year. But I have to be honest as well and won't just give up XenFans to "good intentions", nor without certain conditions being met.

Just writing it out a bit, hopefully to give perspective, not to explain myself.
You had the right idea in the beginning. When the resource manager is available to us for our own sites, there will probably be many more xenfans/xenforo.org type of websites to come out and not just ragtek and robbo's if they make one.

Prefix 'blogs' is taken by blog-forums. Guess 'articles' will fit for it.

Floris, could you start a conversation, please? I have't permissions to do see your profile and message you :(
Prefix 'blog' isn't taken. Try that one please! I would switch over in an instant if you got it working because my members are always complaining about not being able to use extra bbcode in their blog comments like they were able to in vbulletin.

I wonder if Xenforo needs a vBorg ?
But something better.
A place where people feel secure to purchase things, and the developers actually work together where possible.
TMS type stuff.

Top Bottom