XenForo Wallpaper time

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

Hey guys and girls,

It's been a month or so since I created that first wallpaper, and since then a few people have been playing with graphics. We're ready to finalize a draft on xenfans regarding fair-use wallpapers, and just poking you all here to consider finishing up yours, making one, and sending it in.

We will publish a blog article with ours, and are looking forward to add yours in the process.

These must be free to use, fair-use "only be used as wallpaper" licensed, and about XenForo.

We are aiming for a Monday publication. Submit yours via contact@xenfans.com if you want, or just add it to this thread.

You can find my submission here and MrBrian's one here.

I tried to shape it up a little more..

XF_wallpaper.webp

Disclaimer: This is specifically for a wallpaper which I'm working on. - Fair Use License Guidelines Apply

hi guys,Kier has said in another thread that XenForo is the official name of this forum.So we'd better make changes on the wallpaper.

hi guys,Kier has said in another thread that XenForo is the official name of this forum.So we'd better make changes on the wallpaper.

They are for fair-use, and only to be used as your personal wallpaper. Ashley already mentioned this is not a problem. Others also mentioned they had a few wallpapers, my intentions here is just to collect them all and link to them in a blog, since people asked for the wallpaper to be used on their system as a wallpaper.

I can answer my own question. Awful.

I hope someone makes one that's good on widescreens.

It's probably done in photoshop, so the background canvas can be resized to anything, without affecting the bubbles.

I already tried it. As MrBrian said, the bubbles on his wallpaper look like spaceships. :)

LOL. I didn't said that. It looks great on my side. It was you asking me how it suppose to look like, so my answer to you was it shold looked like a tiny spaceship.

Well, if you know how to use photoshop, you can simply adjust it background canvas to whatever size you want. ;)

There we go, what I mean is that regardless of what images are on the screen, the canvas can simply be changed to the desired screen resolution. They won't stretch, etc.

canvas_adapt_demo.png

That's why you have a bunch of layers in photoshop, one for transp. background, one with mask with a gradient or solid color, grouped together as properties for the document, and a group for the effects to the background, and the shapres in front of behind it, with their own effects.

This way you can just change it later if you need.

Thanks Floris, if you know how to use Photoshop that's great. I don't use photoshop. :)

LOL. I didn't sad that. It looks great on my side. was you asking me how it suppose to look like, so my answer to you was it shold looked like a tiny spaceship.

Well, if you know how to use photoshop, you can simply adjust it background canvas to whatever size you want. ;)
ROFL! I asked you what it would look like on widescreen, and you said they would look like a tiny spaceship. And that's what I said. :D

I'm hoping that someone makes a wallpaper for widescreens. :)

Peggy, I am just saying, brian his wallpapers look basically the same, despite of screen resolution. He has the .psd and should be able to just adjust the canvas size to match desired screen resolutions.

Which is why we have this thread, were we can collect a few of these contributions, and offer them in a few sizes on xenfans in a blog article. Working together with other xen fans.

Top Bottom