Xenforo VS wordpress for SEO

Your question is very vague.
xenforo for if you need a forum. wordpress for if you need a CMS.
If you need both then you could opt for xenforo with addons. But that depends on the addons you need.

wrong mindset, it is not which platform is better for SEO.
It is how you use the platform. If you have an XF forum with 10
posts, and you have a WP blog with a 2000 word article, which
platform at this point do you feel would benefit most?

then again, it is also how you utilize SEO...If the forum is promoting
his 10 post forum by getting quality backlinks, then that WP blog
that has a 2000 word article may even struggle....

Blog, forum or other normally can not stand up by simply
having content, and no backlinks, as they both go hand in hand....

It would be like asking Chicken or the Egg....

You also have to break this down...
What is your purpose? To post short pointless posts on a forum
from users out of your control, or a WP blog environment where
you can control the quality of the content you are posting....

heck, use both, you can have a forum (which are very hard to
get going these days) then setup a WP Blog, problem solved, ROFL....

It does not matter which platform is better....
If your seo sucks, then it will not much that much....
It is not the platform as much as it is the end user.....

The important thongs for SEO are quality content and backlinks. Will you get more/better organic (not paid for) backlinks to a Forum or a Wordpress blog/pages? Of course it will very largely depend on the quality of the content. And to an extent the usability of the site.

Wordpress can allow more control of individual pages (e.g. noindex, decriptions or canonical links where necessary to deal with duplicate or low value content pages). may people use the Yoast plugin for this , but I'm sure there are others.

But as has been mentioned it's the actual content that is probably the first thing to deal with. On a forum a page can very quickly get filled up with guff depending on the quality of the replies to a post so if your goal is to be totally in charge then WP is better for SEO. Having said that a really good forum that people find fun, informative or entertaining could be better - but that kind of thing develops organically and a certain amount of luck is involved that the members post good stuff.

I think maybe the OP could have asked the question differently... let's say you're the admin of a forum and you're looking at setting up a dedicated forum to post editorial articles for your community, mainly by you and a few guest editors. Would you post these articles in a sub-forum on the site or would you set up a Wordpress bridge and run WP on the site in order to post them that way? Has anyone done and A/B testing between XF forum articles vs. Wordpress articles on the same domain running side by side?

I will say this - I found a forum site that runs WP for their homepage. They post short articles in WP pointing to threads in the forum and use that as the structure for their homepage. I tried doing Google searches for keyword strings used in the page titles of their WP article (which was really just a short synopsis of the discussion thread) as well as the forum thread and found that their WP articles came up pretty high in the results and their forum thread did not. In that case, WP was getting them better SEO results. Obviously, that is for vB and not XF. I wonder if anyone has done any research on this using XF and WP side by side?

I think maybe the OP could have asked the question differently... let's say you're the admin of a forum and you're looking at setting up a dedicated forum to post editorial articles for your community, mainly by you and a few guest editors. Would you post these articles in a sub-forum on the site or would you set up a Wordpress bridge and run WP on the site in order to post them that way? Has anyone done and A/B testing between XF forum articles vs. Wordpress articles on the same domain running side by side?

I will say this - I found a forum site that runs WP for their homepage. They post short articles in WP pointing to threads in the forum and use that as the structure for their homepage. I tried doing Google searches for keyword strings used in the page titles of their WP article (which was really just a short synopsis of the discussion thread) as well as the forum thread and found that their WP articles came up pretty high in the results and their forum thread did not. In that case, WP was getting them better SEO results. Obviously, that is for vB and not XF. I wonder if anyone has done any research on this using XF and WP side by side?
Thank you so much.

About a month ago, we switched from a Wordpress home page to a Xenforo one and immediately saw a significant increase in traffic, 17% over the previous month.

SEO is something whichbreally scares me.
My page pr rank shown by google 0
The Quality of content - ost of the posts are super ultra high quality, u not even find same type work anywhere.

I just dont believe on seo thing, as my site is just 1month 18 days old, i will wait for another 4.5 month and then will decide, do i need seo thing service.

Search panel console do not have any option through which i can improve seo

Forum have everything default and so called built seo friendly.

Today i am happy with my progress
Google and other robots visit my site frequently and almost indexed all threads.

I m using xF2, i will wait further more to understand what is seo and will update on it later

SEO is something whichbreally scares me.
My page pr rank shown by google 0
The Quality of content - ost of the posts are super ultra high quality, u not even find same type work anywhere.

I just dont believe on seo thing, as my site is just 1month 18 days old, i will wait for another 4.5 month and then will decide, do i need seo thing service.

Today i am happy with my progress
Google and other robots visit my site frequently and almost indexed all threads.

SEO is not based on content quality alone, although that is an important starting place to really boost your SEO. If you want to see more SEO growth, you have to look into finding ways to get good quality back links. Social network presence also plays a small role in your SEO rankings.

Thanks, the slider is definitely CTA. Do you think the "Articles" are as well? How you you display featured threads like that in CTA?
CTA has the ability to be used as a portal.

Pretty sure that those "Articles" are also done via it. The below is from highlighting the Ski Ballet Back one and inspecting it's contents.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 5.13.23 PM.webp

Xenforo is just a forum software worked on and supported by a bunch of coders. WordPress on other hand works on a massive scale.
WordPress simply does not have put all their focus on it but made it clear that they are not ignoring that part. They have a better part to focus on. I would wait for the day when XF will launch it's own blog platform and people will ditch free WordPress and go for the better paid solution.

Top Bottom