1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo v2

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Weeble, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Weeble

Weeble New Member

Hello,

Currently I have a Invision Power Board license, however the features are a little bit too limited. I have been reading about the second version of Xenforo, but couldn't find any threads/posts about it. Can someone tell me if it's being released soon?

If so, I am highly interested in purchasing a license.

Thanks

2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

It's not yet for release.
    Have a look again in a few months, might be some news about it.

3. Weeble

Weeble New Member

So, isn't there any resource about it, yet?

4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

5. NoMansLand

NoMansLand New Member

I have an IP.Board license too, our team are currently voting to move off IP.Board onto XenForo whilst also removing other software to make it one centralized place. IP.Board's marketplace has died since 4.0 was released.

6. Weeble

Weeble New Member

Yes, that's totally true. Beside that, the 'roadmap' is missing of IPB.
    So, you have experience with both platforms. What would you recommend?

7. NoMansLand

NoMansLand New Member

Running IP.Board from 3.3 to 4.0 IP.Board seemed the best option, after days of playing with XenForo's Demo version, I am happy to say our team have nearly voted 100% to move off IP products to XenForo.

Not only does XenForo give you back more control of your forum their Resources are best and they are cheaper for something I see is better.

Alien likes this.
  8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

If lack of a roadmap is an issue then XenForo also has the same issue. We know nothing about XF 2 or when it will arrive, etc.

However I would recommend XenForo, I've been running it since 2012 and it's been great.

Jarod and ApocaLyPSe like this.
  9. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

I've used Xenforo since it's release. It's been terrific. :)

10. Alex - A2Hosting

Alex - A2Hosting Active Member

When it is ready is pretty much all we know and probably all we will know for a while :).

As for the roadmap, XF doesn't have one and I don't think they ever have. At best, we get the occasional 'Have you seen...?' posts which showcases certain new features but nothing for 2.0 yet.