xenForo v eCommerce

Graham Smith

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue which category to post this in, so please move if necessary.

We run a very lightly customised installation of xenForo, and all is good.

Occasionally, we have the need to sell physical and virtual goods to a worldwide audience (we're based in the UK).

Am after suggestions of what to go for - Presta? Magneto? OpenCart? osCommerce?

Someone suggested my first two suggestions were pretty good, but I'd be interested to know what anyone else thinks?

Also, is there such a solution that would 'link' xenForo and the eCommerce software, so our customers don't have to use a completely different username and password?

Look forward to hearing from any suggestions anyone may have.

I'm going to be a little bit shameless and suggest you could also look at this mod (if you're using XF2): [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce ;)

It supports both physical and virtual goods (simultaneously too), and is of course fully integrated into XenForo 2. If you have any questions about the mod, I would be happy to answer them for you :)

If you'd rather use one of the listed external eCommerce tools I'll defer to someone with experience using them.

Fillip

Thanks Fillip. Thanks for your reply.

We actually bought DragonByte eCommerce, and whilst it was OK, it didn't achieve what we were after.

I really think we're looking for full-blown 'shop' that maybe has a link/module that lets our xenForo users log in using their existing details.

Maybe I'm just dreaming?!

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue which category to post this in, so please move if necessary.

We run a very lightly customised installation of xenForo, and all is good.

Occasionally, we have the need to sell physical and virtual goods to a worldwide audience (we're based in the UK).

Am after suggestions of what to go for - Presta? Magneto? OpenCart? osCommerce?

Someone suggested my first two suggestions were pretty good, but I'd be interested to know what anyone else thinks?

Also, is there such a solution that would 'link' xenForo and the eCommerce software, so our customers don't have to use a completely different username and password?

Look forward to hearing from any suggestions anyone may have.

Out of those choices opencart or presta. Magento is hard on your sanity and complete overkill, oscommerce I have no experience with. Of course there's also woo and shopify if you want something quick.

Thanks for that @ichpen I was starting to come to that conclusion with Magneto.

Presta seems pretty good from where I'm sitting, but I wonder how hard it'd be for someone to write a xenForo add-on, so that when they register an account on xenForo, it automatically sets an account with Presta which would be sitting on the same server?

Probably massively difficult!

Thanks for that @ichpen I was starting to come to that conclusion with Magneto.

Presta seems pretty good from where I'm sitting, but I wonder how hard it'd be for someone to write a xenForo add-on, so that when they register an account on xenForo, it automatically sets an account with Presta which would be sitting on the same server?

Probably massively difficult!

Lol, they're all pretty accessible, extensible and have published APIs or webservice libraries. It should be relatively simple to do but again devil is in the details as your requirements will inevitably grow.

Top Bottom