XF 2.2 Xenforo Upgrade

Rock75

I just saw this message in ACP
777777.webp
Do i simply click "upgrade now" , will it effect on my themes and other modifications,?

how to create backup for the database of xenforo forum, any tutorial?
In my case I have cpanel on the server, and go there to export a backup database. I'm not an expert so others may be able to give you further advice

This is useful:

Make a backup of database and files firsthand/or try on a test installation first.

if you have template changes/edits you may need to merge changes.
I had only two merges. Using Flat Awesome+ by Pixel Exit as my parent style and Xenporta. That's in my dev. I will do live after I do a bit of testing.

how to create backup for the database of xenforo forum, any tutorial?

My host takes twice daily restorable backups of both the database and the file system, so often I wait until just before the backup time, close the forum, do the upgrade, test a bit then open the forum.

That way, if there is a disaster, I just go cpanel jetbackups and restore both database and file system to before the upgrade.

But rarely have I had an issue especially with this type of minor update, and it would only be to do with me getting in a muddle over a template merge on a template I had edited hacked about, in which case I just revert the template and redo my edits based on my efficient and copious editing notes.

There may be more issues if you have a 3rd party style of course.

My host takes twice daily restorable backups of both the database and the file system, so often I wait until just before the backup time, close the forum, do the upgrade, test a bit then open the forum.

That way, if there is a disaster, I just go cpanel jetbackups and restore both database and file system to before the upgrade.

But rarely have I had an issue especially with this type of minor update, and it would only be to do with me getting in a muddle over a template merge on a template I had edited messed about with with, in which case I just revert the template and redo my edits based on my efficient and copious editing notes.

There may be more issues if you have a 3rd party style of course.
Iam using themehouse theme

Top Bottom