xenForo Support Staff?

Grover

Knowing that Mike&Kier develop it and even answer questions during development... who is going to support this product once it get's released?

One of the big benefits of vBulletin (you hear from many people) was/is the Support Department. How does this work with xenForo?

Initially yes - the trick is to keep it going.

Its one thing selling to a band of disgruntled vbulletin customers - they will all too soon run out, then the real test starts. :)

Once again, this is getting tiresome, a recent poll on these here forums had people using other software products at around 40% ergo I wouldn't be restricting uptake to "disgruntled vbulletin customers". We're going to convert an IPS forum for example, no issue with IPS we just think our members will like Xen a whole bunch more.

Guess once the techo mob get their coke stained mitts on the product then ask away here and you'll get a whole lot of answers :) Peer to Peer support generally works pretty well to take pressure off the guys who are trying to run a company.

I imagine people will be taken into staff when the time is needed. Right now there's very few people who are familiar with XF enough to actually answer question and know where options are and how to do things both on the front and back-ends. Anything else and Kier and Mike would have to take even more time out to train/point out things to the new staff.
One of the reasons I believe that you have your own devs on the support team during the early hours of the product growth is to see where the problems lie with the product and what direction support questions go. Having the real life experience of doing support also means training newcomers and answering questions they might have will be a lot easier. It's logical in my book.

Initially yes - the trick is to keep it going.
It's like a snowball rolling down a hill; first you have a small core, then layers are gradually added, after that it grows exponentially taking everything which it passes. The trick indeed, is keeping the snowball rolling, avoiding obstacles that obstruct its growth. My experience in this niche is that the most important obstacle is a lack of overall quality and know-how.

I imagine people will be taken into staff when the time is needed. Right now there's very few people who are familiar with XF enough to actually answer question and know where options are and how to do things both on the front and back-ends. Anything else and Kier and Mike would have to take even more time out to train/point out things to the new staff.

One of the reasons I believe that you have your own devs on the support team during the early hours of the product growth is to see where the problems lie with the product and what direction support questions go. Having the real life experience of doing support also means training newcomers and answering questions they might have will be a lot easier. It's logical in my book.

Very clear explanations. Thank you.

Top Bottom