Xenforo Staff Install

WCFA

Hi so I see that staff for $50.00 will install the software at my hosting company.
two questions.
They say they do not setup the Mysql ? so is there something that needs doing before they install or after?

2. How long does it take from the time paid to the time they install.

I will be closing down one site moving name servers and we have members moving to the new software.
they obviously are going to wonder how long they will be in limbo on the move.
So wondered how long from pay to install ? Could not find any information on this, Id do it myself
but pretty new at this been years since I did websites and server stuff.

Thanks

Hi @WCFA,

While I don't want to take anything away from the official staff, there are also many people here that can do an install. Heck if that's all your doing I can even run you through it.

But judging by your last paragraph it sounds like you want to move your members and everything from your current forum to the new one? If that is so then you would need to do a transfer using a converter. I don't think that is a service that the official site staff do but you can find many others here to do that for you, for a fee.

If you set up an empty mysql database and provide the details that is enough. It would need done before the installation.

The turn around depends on availability and access to your server. Once you purhcase, you need to put in the request for the install via the customer area. This opens up a ticket with our staff and it will be looked into as soon as possible.

The install does not include importation of data from your previous software.

Hi there, actually would love to migrate but I have SMF, and there is no conversation they say. There is an issues my current host messed up the file system and restored a corrupt backup. Long story short site is barely up with SMF, so setting up PHPBB try converting a backup and then goingt to XF successfully does not sound good. Being the site structure may be compromised.
So I am talking with the members ( 90) we just opened two weeks ago, and moving because of the host issue.
So they are going to register on a fresh clean install and just avoid the headaches :)
Figure less down time just doing it this was ? I just do not trust the back up will go well.

Well, whatever you wish to do really. I had that case when I went from SMF to MyBB that my backup was corrupt so I ended up doing a fresh install and everything. It worked out in the end though my member count and activity level were down for a little while there. I had to "remind" people that the forum was moved.

SMF has the nice newsletter (email all) feature. I'd suggest using that just to announce the move to anyone that hasn't bothered to pay attention yet.

If you're looking to perform a clean install I can help you via Screen Share later on or tomorrow. You can also find some better suited people to do so here. And of course, you can have the official XenForo staff do it for ya. Really, whatever you feel most comfortable with. Good luck either way.

Thank you sounds like I am already in a good spot I am notifying members today then moving name servers.
after that , so within a day or so it should be ready . Not sure what screen share is Newbie here have not built sites in 7 years.
really rusty. Sounds like you are all a great bunch of people I am sure I could get the halp right here :)
And what is screen share?

Looks pretty simple did some research. Seems pretty straight forwards
Create a Mysql, use the information from the database runs some php install stuff.
Appears after name server are switched should take an hour or less to setup .

So one last question, when your purchase do they just give you a DL ? or email it ?

Looks pretty simple did some research. Seems pretty straight forwards
Create a Mysql, use the information from the database runs some php install stuff.
Appears after name server are switched should take an hour or less to setup .

So one last question, when your purchase do they just give you a DL ? or email it ?
You download it from the customer area.

Sounds like you are all a great bunch of people I am sure I could get the halp right here :)

There are some very fine people here. I moved my VB system to xF last month and found any time I had questions, it didn't take long to get an answer from someone.

I am really impressed with the staff of xF - they've got excellent software and provide super support.

The non-staff members of the xF community are simply awesome.

All of the above convinced me to drop VB and go with xF for long term growth of my forum.

I looked at the price of the xF software as an investment in the future.

Welcome to the xF community!

Hi so I see that staff for $50.00 will install the software at my hosting company.
two questions.
They say they do not setup the Mysql ? so is there something that needs doing before they install or after?

2. How long does it take from the time paid to the time they install.

I will be closing down one site moving name servers and we have members moving to the new software.
they obviously are going to wonder how long they will be in limbo on the move.
So wondered how long from pay to install ? Could not find any information on this, Id do it myself
but pretty new at this been years since I did websites and server stuff.

Thanks
Already done :)

Top Bottom