XF 2.0 Xenforo - Spam

billybatz9

Unless, I block everything, spam always gets through.

I am getting roughly 20 spam registrations a day unless I literally moderate every single thing.

Here's my question...

Does Xenforo offer a service to spam proof my site?

I have tried Akimest, Q&A, Recaptcha, everything here

Not for nothing, but a forum can't go anywhere when there's spam being posted daily, and posts can't be posted immediately because of moderation.

Anybody else going through this?

1. Block certain high spam regions:

2. Add one or two required custom fields with a question, like "how old are you?" or "what is your favorite food?". You don't need to verify the answers and spambots will fill these fields in but they'll insert gibberish there - easier to spot at registration.

3. Require email verification and manual approval (moderation queue). I know many people see this as a pain but seriously it's a lot less work that removing posted spam. This add-on makes an easy reminder for new registrations:

4. Optional for those who slip through: Moderate the first X threads or posts. Again, this puts initial posts into the moderation queue where they are easily spotted and spammed. This addon by @AndyB makes that easy to set up:

Unless, I block everything, spam always gets through.

I am getting roughly 20 spam registrations a day unless I literally moderate every single thing.

Here's my question...

Does Xenforo offer a service to spam proof my site?

I have tried Akimest, Q&A, Recaptcha, everything here

Not for nothing, but a forum can't go anywhere when there's spam being posted daily, and posts can't be posted immediately because of moderation.

Anybody else going through this?
I
I have a couple of addons that might just solve your problems, would you care to try them out?

Well, not exactly. There have been a few complaints...

Hopefully you've posted everywhere you need to now? In future, perhaps mention your new add-on where it is relevant in one or two places, rather than in nearly every related thread you can find.

Top Bottom