1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenforo should countersue IB for defamation of character.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

IB is claiming Xenforo is too similar to vBulletin 4.
    Considering how horrible vBulletin 4 is ... I think that is grounds to sue for defamation of character.
    Silly IB, xenforo is a pleasure and your horrid software is annoying. These products are NOT similar at all.
    TheVisitors likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The thread title read like a statement of intent so I have edited the word "to" to "should".
    Jay and ArnyVee like this.
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I wanted to change it myself.
  4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I think XF should sue IB for inflamation of customer base ... oh, hang on ... perhaps not!! ... :ROFLMAO:
  5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I would even change 'should' to 'could'. I'm not convinced it would be wise. Let IB play their dirty little game, and show their customers who is the most mature. :)
    Dragonfly and Peggy like this.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Defamation of Character suits are rarely won, and are very Hard to win. 75% fail rate in California.

If you want to waste money, buy a vBulletin 4 license.
    laztrix, kyrgyz and Peggy like this.
  7. swatkins

swatkins Member

Good One ! :D
  8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

And, they don't actually need to countersue. If they win in U.K. they get their money back, and if XF wins in Cali, the judge can order for vBSI to make payments to xenforo. Basically, Pamela has to do a GREAT job in order for their lawsuit to backfire on iB/vBSI.

The judge can be harsh if they wish. In fact, they can slap iB's hand and order them to pay MORE than what xenforo is paying for lawsuits. Don't make any expectations, but most of the lawsuits work out this way. For example, LG sued Sony over blu-ray infringement, and the judge ordered LG to pay millions of dollars in damages - guess who? Sony.
    TheVisitors likes this.
  9. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

There are many better claims they could make rather than defamation. However, it is up to the fine folks at XF whether it makes sense to sue. Whatever happens, I see good things ahead for Mike, Ashley and the Barefoot One.
  10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Our lawyer in California is Michael Grace and Pam Deitchle is an associate at his firm.
  11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Do you watch "The Good Wife?" It doesn't matter. They work together; she doesn't have to be at court to do it. She did a great job with the 7+8 claims, I expect more of this team-up. ;)
  12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind meeting Pam. She's was superb in writing, I wonder how she argues orally.
  13. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Creep :ROFLMAO:
    abdulbasitsaeed, James and Forsaken like this.
  14. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

How is that creepy? It's 2:30 AM here lol, better go to sleep.
    abdulbasitsaeed likes this.
  15. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Goodnight, its 10:30am here... I should probably get out my dressing gown and make some breakfast.
  16. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Night, we'll be back in the same timezone in a few weeks :)
  17. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

Please tell us that you aren't in CA hoping to meet Pam? ;) If so, that is both dedication and an oral fixation.
  18. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I am in CA, and yes, I can't sleep. Hoping to meet Pam? erm... no?
  19. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Make your way to 444 S. Flower Street, Suite 1650, LA 90071 and make your introductions if you want to. You'll see Michael Grace there too, obviously. Though please don't put it on our tab!
  20. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

She's off to a pretty good start, I'd say.