XenForo Server Setup Guide Part 1 (CentOS, OpenLiteSpeed, Percona) (With Pictures!)

XenForo Server Setup Guide Part 1 (CentOS, OpenLiteSpeed, Percona) (With Pictures!)

I don't suppose any of you have a copy of the openlitespeed.1.0.0.tgz do you? They have updated to 1.0.1 but I didn't have a local copy of the 1.0.0 files for keeping.

Is there any chance you can do one for debian as well, I'm just trying to get my head around changing.

Very nice guide @Slavik, thanks for taking the time to put this together.
Might want to add a "yum install wget" for any with minimal installs that do not include it.

This is a great article. I am just about to do a new install and this series is going to be a great help. Thanks!

Hi @Slavik,

Thanks for the write up. I am just wondering if this is safe to do on a server that already has a large xenforo site running on it? I do not have percona installed, but I am using mysql. Will following this guide break anything? I also have whm/cpanel installed.

Is this safe to do?

Thanks.

Hi @Slavik,

Thanks for the write up. I am just wondering if this is safe to do on a server that already has a large xenforo site running on it? I do not have percona installed, but I am using mysql. Will following this guide break anything? I also have whm/cpanel installed.

Is this safe to do?

Thanks.

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't use this to supercharge a cpanel server, you need to take additional steps with WHM to ensure things run correctly, and don't get reverted.

Hi @Slavik,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

This is what you need.

Code:
/etc/init.d/mysql stop
/scripts/update_local_rpm_versions --edit target_settings.MySQL50 uninstalled
/scripts/update_local_rpm_versions --edit target_settings.MySQL51 uninstalled
/scripts/update_local_rpm_versions --edit target_settings.MySQL55 uninstalled
/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix --targets=MySQL50,MySQL51,MySQL55
rpm -Uhv http://www.percona.com/downloads/percona-release/percona-release-0.0-1.x86_64.rpm
Open /etc/yum.conf and remove php
yum install Percona-Server-client-55 Percona-Server-server-55 Percona-Server-devel-55
/etc/init.d/mysql start
mysql_upgrade
/etc/init.d/mysql restart
Open /etc/yum.conf and readd php that you removed earlier
/scripts/easyapache --build

Top Bottom