XenForo seems like a mini Facebook--

Since XenForo has become popular, everyone from all over the place is coming to check the place out and see how the front-end interface is... If you're a member at many administrator-help sites [that, in the end, failed*] and wondered where everyone went, now is the time to see them! I'm seeing user names that are familiar from forums I was frequented that I thought I'd never see...

...Just another reason why XenForo is the place to be and check out! Haha.

Not quite rivalling even a mini facebook yet, but it sure is getting lots of attention, and for all the right reasons. I can see XenForo being the next best bulletin board / social networking on the web. And I wish Kier and Mike every success from this new venture. They're both great developers and coding enthusiasts, kudos to you both.

Not only facebook, it's the best of all the worlds. Facebook, Twitter, Google and Digg.

Uhm... There is really no Digg functionality, and Google is mainly a search engine.

I don't agree its anything like Facebook; for one theres no privacy concerns, and for two this is more based around discussions where users can connect via their profile, facebook is based around user profiles where discussions can take place. There is a similarity, but for a community the functions presented here are far superior.

Uhm... There is really no Digg functionality, and Google is mainly a search engine.

I don't agree its anything like Facebook; for one theres no privacy concerns, and for two this is more based around discussions where users can connect via their profile, facebook is based around user profiles where discussions can take place. There is a similarity, but for a community the functions presented here are far superior.

The Everyone's New's Feed is like Digg's without the ajax refresh and the personal conversation is like google's buzz.

Im the last person you have to tell what Google is lol.

The Everyone's New's Feed is like Digg's without the ajax refresh and the personal conversation is like google's buzz.

A single feature doesn't really make them the same as those however, which was my point.

Digg offers much more then just functionality similar to "Everyone's News Feed'; I've never used Google Buzz, so I can't really remark on that.

Ah but that's the thing, they aren't the same and that's what i like about it. They are taking the main features from these websites and leaving out the small stuff.

Since XenForo has become popular, everyone from all over the place is coming to check the place out and see how the front-end interface is... If you're a member at many administrator-help sites [that, in the end, failed*] and wondered where everyone went, now is the time to see them! I'm seeing user names that are familiar from forums I was frequented that I thought I'd never see...

...Just another reason why XenForo is the place to be and check out! Haha.

We're just one big boiling bot at this point, and more people are coming ever day. Less than two weeks and we're nearly pushing 20,000 posts. I think that's a sign something is happening here. :p

Cliques? I haven't noticed any yet.

That's a sign you're in one. ;)

Dave! Good to see you here!

You doing ok? I worry sometimes because you sound not so upbeat with your posts. I hope you are well.

I can confirm, no cliques here at all. Great place!

Ahahahaha! (The irony was intentional, right?) Yeah, it's Clique City but that'll probably work in your favor. Everyone wants to sit at the cool kids' lunch table. :)

Ahahahaha! (The irony was intentional, right?) Yeah, it's Clique City but that'll probably work in your favor. Everyone wants to sit at the cool kids' lunch table. :)

Yes it was a joke, glad you got it. :D

No I've just seen him around the different forums, just like most people on xf, no clique actually involved. :)

I don't think XF is anything like FB. I think is forum base application, But it's so unique and very special.

lol

it's kind of funny because I do not write a lot in many forums like vB, vB.com, etc but I do tend to visit them searching solutions from my forum and I do recognize many names here, the best is that it really reminds me the old days mack in 1998 ~2002 when my community was really small and I could recognise almost every member, now I don't even know all moderators as time is now allocated mostly to my job and I do not have time to play around as I'd like to, so I spend my time on my community at admincp or our own area51 but I posted more on XF on the last days that on my own forums for the last month...s!

I guess the Alerts is one of the addictive parts that keep making me comming to XF :D
It's like in the old days that visiting my forums was checking every 5 minutes the new posts page and visiting all the threads, now it's just impossible :|

There is definitely something really addictive about this software. The alerts, the easiness of posting, the me-likey button, and I don't know what the deal is with the trophies but I can tell you from long experience that people -- adults -- will just about kill themselves to get one. (The best mod I ever installed was that yet-another-award-system.) I have no idea why I'm spending so much time here, it's insane! It's the crack cocaine of forum softwares.

Top Bottom