Lack of interest XenForo Search and Templates

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

When I search for a template in XenForo, it initially takes me to the master style of that template and I don't think anyone particularly wants to edit the master templates.

I'd suggest changing this functionality to the default style until you specifically select a style.

(Note: this is with debug mode enabled)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I kind of agree, yet I also kind of disagree.

It depends by what capacity you're working with the templates.

If you do happen to be solely working on a template heavy add-on (as I am, at the moment), then the last thing you want to be doing is switching from Default to Master when actually you're pretty much exclusively working with the Master style.

Master Style is the default selected on the Search Templates screen, but there is a drop down box to change it. I would say that maybe the selection in that box should be set and get with a cookie so your last selection is remembered. That could work, but it changing so the default is always the Default Style would actually be a bit of a pain for me.

I kind of agree, yet I also kind of disagree.

It depends by what capacity you're working with the templates.

If you do happen to be solely working on a template heavy add-on (as I am, at the moment), then the last thing you want to be doing is switching from Default to Master when actually you're pretty much exclusively working with the Master style.

Master Style is the default selected on the Search Templates screen, but there is a drop down box to change it. I would say that maybe the selection in that box should be set and get with a cookie so your last selection is remembered. That could work, but it changing so the default is always the Default Style would actually be a bit of a pain for me.
Yeah, it currently remembers the style you select but only for that browser session.

What I'm suggesting is to set it to the default style originally, then if you select another style it remembers it.

Sort of falls into your suggestion somewhat but I'd say some sort of alert saying you're in the master template.

I've had late night coding sessions where it'll put me in the master out of no where :)

Sort of falls into your suggestion somewhat but I'd say some sort of alert saying you're in the master template.

I've had late night coding sessions where it'll put me in the master out of no where :)
Had this a couple of times... thank god for 'rebuild master data'

Top Bottom