Xenforo running slow today?

Fine for me all day. Must be you ... he he :)

You need to upgrade from your hamster-powered modem to proper t'internet ... :D

Be are having major problems today.

Yea not for the first time recently either.

I'll be cancelling my service with them tomorow. A few years back Be* were at the cutting edge of quality internet. Now? Im paying a premium price for a second rate product.

Agreed.

I've been toying with the idea of switching ISPs for a while now.
Considering how expensive they are compared to others, the service really should be better.

Agreed.

I've been toying with the idea of switching ISPs for a while now.
Considering how expensive they are compared to others, the service really should be better.

Well I can litterally spit to the infinity cab from my house, so as much as it horrifies me to consider BT, I have been told by various people that the service is top quality.

Hopefully I should be able to get the full 80mb.

*Clicks on Dislike*

Who would you suggest then :D

Nearly everyone offering fibre in the UK is just reselling BT's product and using BT's backhaul.

The ones offering their own backhaul are rediculously expensive, so BT seems like the best option... even though its still BT ... *shudder*

Well I can litterally spit to the infinity cab from my house, so as much as it horrifies me to consider BT, I have been told by various people that the service is top quality.

Hopefully I should be able to get the full 80mb.
Been on BT infinity for well over half a year. Never had an issue and they recently replaced my modem (possible fault) free of charge. The new modems are capable of 80mb down. I currently get 40mb down and 10mb up. Paying for the premium service and have not noticed a slowdown and have had no knowledge of failures.

They do censor the web and hijack DNS 404 errors but there are many ways around that which I am sure you know :p

Thoroughly recommend them, rock solid, always available and no throttling regardless of how much you have downloaded in a month (if on the premium service).

I was with Be for 4 years, and recently switched to FTTC when Digital Region put new fibres to our street. Getting 70mb down and 20mb up for not much more than I was paying with Be. They even gave me a static IP because Be did.

Been on BT infinity for well over half a year. Never had an issue and they recently replaced my modem (possible fault) free of charge. The new modems are capable of 80mb down. I currently get 40mb down and 10mb up. Paying for the premium service and have not noticed a slowdown and have had no knowledge of failures.

They do censor the web and hijack DNS 404 errors but there are many ways around that which I am sure you know :p

Thoroughly recommend them, rock solid, always available and no throttling regardless of how much you have downloaded in a month (if on the premium service).

I was getting throttling happening from VM many month ago during the day, then seemed to open up fully after midnight till early hour. Now though, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It was most obvious when using uTorrent to see it happening.

I'm only on their smallest cable package, nothing Premium. Now it appears no download rate capping is taking place during the day at all anymore.

Try living in Hull - we have our own phone network, completely separate from the national BT network and our only broadband option in the local telecoms company; we can't take up any other providers offering - Sky, BT, NTL, Virgin and all the rest are completely off-limits to us.

I had to change the profile due to sync errors so I only get around 8MB now.

There's no fibre here though (and never will be) so 10MB is the limit no matter who I go with.

Top Bottom