Xenforo running slow today?

I was getting throttling happening from VM many month ago during the day, then seemed to open up fully after midnight till early hour. Now though, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It was most obvious when using uTorrent to see it happening.

I'm only on their smallest cable package, nothing Premium. Now it appears no download rate capping is taking place during the day at all anymore.
Never been throttled and I have downloaded huge amounts of data to my house over the course of several months. (Pretty anal about backups so normally backup 50gig or more a day to my house). Premium costs me £26 a month. Consistently getting 4.4mb/sec. To be fair I cannot comment on bit torrent traffic as I do not run any clients at home so would never know.

It's all down to the short-sightedness of Barratt who didn't install fibre when they were built just 5 years ago :rolleyes:

Never been throttled and I have downloaded huge amounts of data to my house over the course of several months. (Pretty anal about backups so normally backup 50gig or more a day to my house). Premium costs me £26 a month. Consistently getting 4.4mb/sec. To be fair I cannot comment on bit torrent traffic as I do not run any clients at home so would never know.

You on a business or home package?

I would have thought Docklands would have serious connectivity but then I guess it boils down to the landlords and what they allow into their buildings?

If your talking Virgin Media for instance, and you live in a "new build area" cable was never originally installed ungrounded years ago by them, when doing all the cable laying. Forget it, I used to work for VM as a cable engineer doing full installs. If you don't already have cable there ready for connecting into your home from outside, your knackered.

http://store.virginmedia.com/review-basket

If they are expanding, doing more areas now I have no idea? But you can check your "post code" on their website to see if VM is available in your area.

I can

If your talking Virgin Media for instance, and you live in a "new build area" cable was never originally installed ungrounded years ago by them. Forget it, I used to work for VM as a cable engineer doing full installs. If you don't already have cable there ready for connecting into your home from outside, your knackered.

If they are expanding, doing more areas now I have no idea? But you can check your "post code" on their website to see if VM is available in your area.
Trust me I would never ever go to Virgin Media, (they were born from Teleworst and NT Hell), likewise with Clueless and Witless.

Nice, so im guessing your just on infinity option 2 then yea?

good to know someone like yourself is enjoying it.
Yup, the £26 a month unlimited plan. No problems whatsoever since I joined and am looking forward to going to 80mb this year. The only thing I did do was replace the wifi/ethernet BT Home Hub with a different one...
  1. It would not allow me to have a 10.10.x.x as a internal network
  2. It was made by Huwai

BE's been running terribly for the past week for me, seems to be some kind of routing issue preventing TCP responses from arriving half the time (retransmissions everywhere despite no ping packet loss)

And my exchange isn't one of the ones with reported issues :/

Trust me I would never ever go to Virgin Media, (they were born from Teleworst and NT Hell), likewise with Clueless and Witless.

Fair enough, but from my own experience I've been with them for well over 10 years now. Sure, there have been times when service wasn't great, but overall I can't complain at all using them for over 10 years. More so because it only cost me £20 month for phone and cable (30mb). It's a cheap deal and rarely have any problems with it at all.

Ah... speed only goes so far. We just increased ours from 30Mbps / 1Mbps to 100Mbps / 2Mbps and in browsing speed, the computer was already maxed out, being new quad core iMac's... the only slight increase was in file download, though noticed a good increase in uploading of files to the server, but nothing at browsing sites.

From our end right now, it seems we have an abundance of speed that the latest technology in computers can't match what is being delivered to them.

Top Bottom