XenForo Resource Manager & Add-on Add-ons

James

How will the Resource Manager handle add-ons of add-ons?

A prime example is Jaxel's XenPorta add-on, there are modules for that add-on that other users are creating. Would it be possible to link them to the original add-on as an extra, plug-in, module, etc. or would the authors of the modules be forced to create their own add-on area to support that module?

It likely won't robustly support that.
It also won't support more than 1 thread per Addon, at least initially it won't.

I also think that is somewhat of a niche issue (the majority of addons won't have that problem) ... so I wouldn't think it is a big priority to get Addon Addons robustly supported.

Good idea though :)

I can see add-on add-ons becoming popular (considering how easy it is to extend an add-on) for modifications, so it's a nice idea to get that into people's heads that's it's possible :D

If I were to implement this, i'd make add-ons of add-ons visible only in the add-ons page. Because without them, it is useless. You can see everything at a glance.

It really depends on what sort of features their resource manager is going to have...

For instance, if the manager permits PAID modifications (through paypal?)... XenMedio is probably going to have 30 threads of its own... a thread for the mod (free), a thread for the premium expansion ($20), and $5 threads for each and every additional service.

Hell, XenPorta could probably have a thread for each and every module block...

Top Bottom