XF 2.2 Xenforo redirects

cares

I want to be able to add some shortcut redirects to make my player's lives easier. I have been looking for a way to just do a few simple redirects. Like for example if I want to have a simple redirect to our discord,

website.com/discord >>> link to join discord

Route Filters do not work with external links that I could try. But I know of a free tool called Short.IO. It's designed as a URL shortener, but it should be doable as a simple redirector too. The free plan supports a thousand or more redirects IIRC so it should be plenty.

Route Filters do not work with external links that I could try. But I know of a free tool called Short.IO. It's designed as a URL shortener, but it should be doable as a simple redirector too. The free plan supports a thousand or more redirects IIRC so it should be plenty.
Are there any addons you know of that can do what I am looking for.

this should work i believe. you would have to load the fake url you want to redirect first to let it appear in the backend and then setup a redirection for it.

I am trying to do what should be a simple redirect..

/forumdisplay.php/305-######

to

/forums/########.305/

I have tried doing this in cloudflare, htaccess and Andy's addon. Nothing works. I know it is because there is no forumdisplay.php

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

If you run Apache, the htaccess should be the one that helps out here.

I don't run any more apache, but it should kind of this.

Code:
RewriteRule ^/forumdisplay.php/(\d)-(.*)$ /forums/$2.$1  [R=301,L,NC]

It works if you have a limited number of links to redirect. Otherwise you should search specifically for vbulletin to xenforo redirect on the community.

I do not see any of those urls in the log, nor can I add them.

I have searched. That is how I came to find this thread. :) Thanks though.

And yes, I read that and did that when I first moved the site. I was under the impression that is was working but apparently it wasn't.

Top Bottom