Xenforo RC 1 release soon?

Itworx4me

Did I miss a post or someting? Kier and Mike were releasing beta versions 1 to 2 weeks apart. Its been almost over a month now and nothing. Did they go into hibernation for the winter on the development? lol Releases were coming fast and furious. Now they have stopped. What happened?

Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 1 Release Oct 5th 2010
Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 2 Release Oct 21st 2010
Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 3 Release Nov 11th 2010
Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 4 Release Dec 3rd 2010
Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 5 Release Dec 10th 2010
Xenforo 1.0.0 Beta 6 / RC1 Release Jan ? 2011

Just curious why? :confused:
Itworx4me

We have decided to add a little more functionality that we consider is missing, but until we made that decision, we were aiming for the next version to be a Release Candidate. Therefore I would not expect a very long wait before we declare a stable version.
Considering it was Xmas and New Year, I think they were entitled to a little time off with their families, don't you?

Who cares. This current version is better than 'Gold' boards out there...lol

Undoubtedly the current beta software is more than wonderful. But there are really missing features specially when we go beyond English language. For instance #RTL support is one of the features that we think we can't migrate our fairly large Urdu language #VB forum. And we are really expecting fairly voiced #RTL support in core #XF in the next release. Without which boards in #Hebrew, #Arabic, #Urdu, #Persian, #Pashto, #Sindhi and many other languages will have hard time to migrate. Right now we are playing with #XF on our sandbox instance with #RTL patches which is not very pleasing.

indeed but we do look forward stable release so the skin coders can make new awesome skins since they only release their commercial skins or stable versions only :)

Undoubtedly the current beta software is more than wonderful. But there are really missing features specially when we go beyond English language. For instance #RTL support is one of the features that we think we can't migrate our fairly large Urdu language #VB forum. And we are really expecting fairly voiced #RTL support in core #XF in the next release. Without which boards in #Hebrew, #Arabic, #Urdu, #Persian, #Pashto, #Sindhi and many other languages will have hard time to migrate. Right now we are playing with #XF on our sandbox instance with #RTL patches which is not very pleasing.
I was just wondering why you've hash-tagged all those terms? XenForo won't auto-link them, we are not Twitter ;)

Correction. We are xenforo.

Correction. We are xenForo.
wink.png

It would be nice to know when the next beta/rc will be released, but my site is fine on its current version. I just love seeing all the shiny new features.

2015: Remember Facebook? Ah? I think so. Wasn't that where you made an obnoxious webpage that was unreadable because of the hundreds of things posted to it and blue text on a black background? Oh wait. That was Myspace. Yeah. We thought that would last forever too.
Facebook? Facebook? Oh. That was cool. But this new social networking site is better. It automatically creates friends for you. It also automatically send e-cards with personalized messages based on other personalized messages. You don't even have to type anymore. You just stare at the screen while your friends make new friends and they make new friends. Kinda like Sim City.

OK, Sorry to got O/T. I just can't wait until FB implodes.

Top Bottom