XenForo question thread answers are being recognized by Google. Does this help SEO?

Alternadiv

I wasn’t aware Google recognizes the answers to question threads right in the search results:

980272B2-D209-45E1-9135-8C31690FAF42.jpeg
Did anyone else not know about this? Is this common or does it only happen at random? Does this help with SEO compared to using normal threads? I don’t use question threads on my forum despite my forum having about 70% questions as content.

If anyone knows if this is beneficial, I might start using them. Either way, it’s pretty cool that Google is doing this.

It should happen for all question threads where a solution has been selected. I can't recall whether Google displays anything if there is no solution but there is a post with a high vote score.

To answer the SEO question it basically is SEO. By enabling question threads and focusing on selecting solutions that answer the thread you are showing an optimised search engine result which may help your results stand out compared to others.

No one truly knows what does and doesn't please the Google algorithms but it certainly can't hurt and it looks good.

It should happen for all question threads where a solution has been selected. I can't recall whether Google displays anything if there is no solution but there is a post with a high vote score.

To answer the SEO question it basically is SEO. By enabling question threads and focusing on selecting solutions that answer the thread you are showing an optimised search engine result which may help your results stand out compared to others.

No one truly knows what does and doesn't please the Google algorithms but it certainly can't hurt and it looks good.
Very cool. Great job on making this a thing. I’m gonna put some time into converting the thousands of questions on my forum then.

Top Bottom