XenForo Portal

Will the addon be integrating with BD Widget Framework?
Not integrated. You will be able to combine xenMiG Portal and BD Widget Framework. With version 1.1 or 1.2 our portal will be able to include parts of the portal on every page. At the moment we try to create a stable basis.

Last edited:
Not integrated. You will be able to combine xenMiG Portal and BD Widget Framework. With version 1.1 or 1.2 our portal will be able to include parts of the portal on every page. At the moment we try to create a stable basis.
Thanks for the update. Will be following this closely. Would love to see an integration between the two so you can place BD Widget renderers into a spot in the xenMiG Portal :)...Hopefully other basic widgets are included with this. With a portal integration between other main facets of the forum is important. Would love sections on the portal pulling info from CTA Featured Threads, another section pulling images from XenGallery or Xen Media Gallery, Another section pulling out most recent posts etc...i.e a magazine sort of layout with different components.

Please keep us updated with everything, and best wishes :)

The video is awesome, you have made really great job
but I don't think I will be switching from @Brogan's Featured Threads & Portal.
it lacks grid functionality sure, but it comes with top notch customer support,tons of styles properties and regular updates. I hope it will include a similar grid layout someday.
Its always a good news to see nice addons like xenMiG Portal coming. I wish you all the best.

Who of us had an insight into the code of XF2?
This is my biggest problem atm.

I really love, what I see in the video, you have posted. Awesome!

But atm, I do fear nothing more than customizing our board and building in adons.

We have survived a horrible update from vB3.8 ->vB4.0
We couldn't update from vB4 -> vB5
So we had to survive a horrible migration vB4 -> XF1.3

I believe, Kier, Mike & Chris wont't do to us, what vB did with their incompatible vB5 update. But still I'm a bit scared and that blocks our plannings.

Last edited:
I agree with you completely about this :)

All sites with xf 1.x will have the same problem, which addon is still running under XF2 :confused:

How sure is it, that this will continue to work in XF2.0?

Nothing is realy for sure anyway. But believe me, we would not go in the investment, running our time and power for a add-on, that will not work under XF 2.0.

For sure there will be things, that must be reworked and it will be done. Myself will use it in different communities and i´m not the one, stopping with xf at 1.4.4 :-) Therefore i need it running under xf 2.0 and further.

I tried to create an english version of the second video and you will find out that I'm not a native speaker. But I hope it is OK. I need more training :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A new cirteria, included after this video, was the opportunity to define which widget should be shown in which part of the responsive design. So you should be able to drop big banners for mobiles and so on

responsiv.webp

Last edited:
Realy nice work. (y)

What i see let me hope to switch in this summer away from xenporta to this portal. :cool:

As a spoiler for the next video (News in the xenMiG Portal)

One possible news layout
news.webp

Options for the news icon
picture01.webp

Options (only a few)
picture02.webp

Change layout in the style editor
picture04.webp

The news control panel
picture03.webp

Top Bottom