XenForo Portal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking the same thing. I want to upgrade but no portal. I wish XF had its own portal system like how they have media

waiting for xenporta is going to take ages. I even considering dumping the portal

Why not use Xenword and dump the portal all together, check out my website it's running WordPress and Xenforo 2 and Xenword.

You could modify the forum_list by adding a callback to a PHP doing the tasks you’d like added.

PHP:
<xf:callback class="TRN\\DevLog\\Latest" method="getHtml"></xf:callback>

Next, change the options to show the number of posts, etc.

This is how this site‘s front is done. It’s probably the fastest way rather than waiting for an add-on.

Of course, you could follow the add-on building instructions and build your own:

https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/

You could modify the forum_list by adding a callback to a PHP doing the tasks you’d like added.

PHP:
<xf:callback class="TRN\\DevLog\\Latest" method="getHtml"></xf:callback>

Next, change the options to show the number of posts, etc.

This is how this site‘s front is done. It’s probably the fastest way rather than waiting for an add-on.

Of course, you could follow the add-on building instructions and build your own:

https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/
Can you write some more on how to do it from scratch.

I got a question about how people use XenPorta 2... right now, in the AdminCP options. I have a setting for your default article settings (custom article/comments layout, disqus/facebook, etc). Then in each article itself, I have secondary options where you can tailor these settings specifically for that article.

I'm wondering if ANYONE uses those secondary options on a per-thread basis.

XenPorta 2 looks simpler than xenword (Wordpress)
but, "xenword" it is more technologically efficient.
Wordpress just got updates 4.9 and looks great!

i have problem with xenforo porta 2. I installed it without any problems, but, i dont have thread options to promote it. How can i add them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom