1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo - PHP 5.4

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by tommydamic68, Dec 28, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Will Xenforo work with PHP 5.4? When enabling via .htaccess file I get a server error.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, XenForo works fine with php 5.4.
  4. tommydamic68

What if any benefits from 5.3 to 5.4 before I go hounding my host on why I am getting server errors when enabling 5.4?

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

HostGater finally get off of 5.2.x as their base install? I know when I left them that was one of the reasons I gave them. Base install of 5.2.x series and enable via .htaccess 5.3.(whatever they had shoved in and then forgot about).
    So far, mine has been running just fine on the latest of the 5.5.x series release. So it should work fine if that is a correct implementation by your host.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  7. tommydamic68

Yes I am currently running 5.3 on Hostgator- they do have 5.4 but when I enabled it via my .htaccess file I recieved server errors and a white screen. Perhaps they need to do something on their end.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  8. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I run XenForo on PHP 5.5.7, no issues.
    Andrej and fEaRz like this.
  9. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Same here.
    No issues at all.
    Adam Howard likes this.