XenForo path

Cupara

Well I'm curious to know if XenForo has a set path or goal in mind such as being the cheapest available forum software? Will XenForo be available for beta testing to the public then those who beta test will have an option to buy a license when it goes gold? What will XenForo's style system hold for those who enjoy creating styles?

That is 3 questions that I combined. Will be testing the search feature soon to see the display page but haven't thought of anything specifically to search for.

XF will be competitively priced to vB and IPB, and beta testing will be available to the public (licensing and prices will be announced before, likely with a full list of features you should expect in v1).

Kier has yet to make a full comment on the style system, and a full explanation of it will come in due time. :)

I meant to say if you beta test will you be required to buy a gold license right away?

Thanks for the info from others, hopefully more will respond that may have some more details to add or maybe others will have questions.

To be honest I think this is a massive beta test going on right now. What better way of testing out almost every feature by letting 1000+ go to town on it :).
I agree....this is a nice way to test from the users point of view. If the admin point of view is just as good this is a super win in my opinion.

I meant to say if you beta test will you be required to buy a gold license right away?

Thanks for the info from others, hopefully more will respond that may have some more details to add or maybe others will have questions.

I don't think anything's been posted about how it will work when we hit beta, but I think we're still a while off.

To be honest I think this is a massive beta test going on right now. What better way of testing out almost every feature by letting 1000+ go to town on it :).
Alpha testing actually. We're still on alpha 1. :p

No, there's no path as of yet, what you're perhaps thinking about is a mission statement.
There is no public site yet, so there's no reason to assume any mission statements.

So far the message has been: We know what we want to do and can do, and we want to do right, and right by the customers.

Yeah, it's an excellent way to beta test the software. Only one downfall with this is that users aren't able to test out the admin functions, and turn on functions / features which may be turned off by admins here.

Top Bottom