Lack of interest xenForo Notifications App for iOS/Android

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Marcus

I know a mobile style is planned, however the most important feature is notifications which a mobile style could not do. A mobile style with a branded simple app that would do this would even be enough:
  1. sign in
  2. alerts as native push notifications
  3. alerts redirect to [mobile] www pages
The app only needs this one screen for login. I dont need the app to present any data. This is a reasonable request as the workload is much lower than presenting data, too. If anyone likes this idea, please like this post.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just to let you know marcus, I have been talking with some people about this myself as when im out and about I would love to keep up with my Xenforo alerts on all the forums im signed upto without having to go to each site individually and refreshing the page.

The problem we are tying to work around is providing those alerts without requiring the forum owners to install and addon and getting the app to handle the forum login and captuing and extracting the revent html data.

Hi Marcus, I may do these Re-Branding Apps for you. Not guarantee on time.
I need from 1 to 2 months to sure they will work fine then contact you for Re-Branding Apps.

Just to let you know marcus, I have been talking with some people about this myself as when im out and about I would love to keep up with my Xenforo alerts on all the forums im signed upto without having to go to each site individually and refreshing the page.

The problem we are tying to work around is providing those alerts without requiring the forum owners to install and addon and getting the app to handle the forum login and captuing and extracting the revent html data.

You can not do this without a server addon/software since Notifications on iOS/Android need a push service.

You can not do this without a server addon/software since Notifications on iOS/Android need a push service.

Unfortunately so, however we are looking at a workaround.

Our current line of thinking is like this (simplified down greatly)

Android App sends login data and forum url via SSL to a server with a php script on it.
The script then logs into the URL via curl post and extracts the users alerts via the alert page.
The script then sends back the alert information to the app

Obviously this then brings up a whole host of other problems such as security and abuse etc... so an addon may be the only way to handle it, or, ideally xenforo would provide some sort of twitter-like feed credentials, in which case we could have something made up in 2-3 days!

I want to start a service some time in the future. Basically I get sick of having to check a heap of sites for everything. I want one website where it will show alerts from everything etc etc. Integrate with xenfro sites, fb, google, email... everything. Then also have mobile apps for it too. I want to put all my money into this at some point. I have seen some services that do this but not well. Anyone know of soemthing good like this?

Unfortunately so, however we are looking at a workaround.

Our current line of thinking is like this (simplified down greatly)

Android App sends login data and forum url via SSL to a server with a php script on it.
The script then logs into the URL via curl post and extracts the users alerts via the alert page.
The script then sends back the alert information to the app

Obviously this then brings up a whole host of other problems such as security and abuse etc... so an addon may be the only way to handle it, or, ideally xenforo would provide some sort of twitter-like feed credentials, in which case we could have something made up in 2-3 days!

How does that demonstrate "push" capabilities, unless there is constant polling (which would diminish battery life).

I want one website where it will show alerts from everything etc

Hense the reason for getting the script in place as it wouldn't require forum owners to install any addons, so all you have to do is add the forums you belong to :)

Top Bottom