XenForo mysql issues

L315

What I get when inspecting element in Chrome.

<!-- Access denied for user 'mcmain'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Recently let a staff member go. Switching all passwords for security. I changed /library/config to the necessary database, user and user password so that XenForo knows that database to load for the webpage.

I believe it is some sort of privileges error.

In phpMyAdmin it lists 3 users under privileges for this database. I will list these below.

(user - host - type - privileges - grant)
mysql - localhost - global - all privileges - yes
root - local host - global - all privileges - yes
xenforo - local host - global - all privileges - no
Any ideas?

Looking at the users, mcmain isn't a user for your XenForo database. Try adding the user mcmain with your password and granting it privileges to your XenForo database.

Well your users listed from phpMyAdmin don't list a user called mcmain

Have you actually added that user to the database and granted all the correct permissions?

Just removed mcmain user and re-added under database xenforo with all permissions (exluding the grant permission). I really do not understand where mcmain is getting called from. I have the user xenforo, the database xenforo and the appropriate password in the /library/config.

Before it was not listed under the database, now it is. mcmain did actually exsist as a user. As mentioned above it is now listed under the "xenforo" database.

Can you post a snip of your config.php (obviously removing your password)?

Or what page you are trying to access where you get the above error?

First off, excellent question. The index.html is not working entirely. It looks like specific threads can be linked to if you know the full adress, however, there is no content.

Instead of index I tried going to the main forums. I got this error:

An exception occurred: Access denied for user 'mcmain'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /digitalforge/www/www.digitalforgeonline.com/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 459
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 773
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAssoc() in EWRporta/Block/VotifierLeaderboard.php at line 14
  4. EWRporta_Block_VotifierLeaderBoard->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  5. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  6. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /digitalforge/www/www.digitalforgeonline.com/index.php at line 13

I can access the ACP. I know I am not a superadmin. I do not know how to retrieve my user ID to add to the /library/config. I also do not know how to disable listeners.

And the Access denied is happening on the default page.

I can access the ACP. I know I am not a superadmin. I do not know how to retrieve my user ID to add to the /library/config. I also do not know how to disable listeners.
Read my reply above, I gave you the code to disable listeners. However, I believe this is an issue with XenPorta since you have access to your ACP. Specifically with the VotifierLeaderBoard block.

What I get when inspecting element in Chrome.

<!-- Access denied for user 'mcmain'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Recently let a staff member go. Switching all passwords for security. I changed /library/config to the necessary database, user and user password so that XenForo knows that database to load for the webpage.

I believe it is some sort of privileges error.

Did you change the db details at the config.php file only or did you create a new user and password at the mysql area as well? If so, make sure that the new db user has full permissions/access to the db that it is assigned to. One of the 2 things are causing your error, the permission thing and/or incorrect name entered in the config.php file.

Did you change the db details at the config.php file only or did you create a new user and password at the mysql area as well? If so, make sure that the new db user has full permissions/access to the db that it is assigned to. One of the 2 things are causing your error, the permission thing and/or incorrect name entered in the config.php file.
His configuration details in config.php are correct, he's able to access the ACP. Something in the front end is causing the issue.

Anywhere within your configuration file.

Alright, that worked and sent me to the main forum page. There should however be a front page that lists Announcements, etc. I have to run for the time being, but will post again when I can give you guys/gals more info to help me. I really appreciate it and thank you for the help so far.

Alright, that worked and sent me to the main forum page. There should however be a front page that lists Announcements, etc. I have to run for the time being, but will post again when I can give you guys/gals more info to help me. I really appreciate it and thank you for the help so far.
What XenPorta blocks do you have? I believe the issue is occurring within XenPorta's blocks.

Top Bottom