Xenforo MODS info (summary)

Shanj

I've seen various coders mentioning plans for mods for XF.
So I thought it would be useful to have a thread just for coders to post in their plans, with the URL of a site or page with more info if they have it.

CODERS please list the TYPE of mods you're planning to do.
Add an independent website if you have it. Or come back later and add it.
NOTE. Posting here is NOT an undertaking or guarantee. It's only about plans and ideas.

Please keep this thread just for coders to post in about their work.
If you want to discuss a mod, start a new thread about THAT mod so this thread stays as a list of mods, not a discussion making it harder to find all the different planned mods.

Later perhaps the XF guys might like to set up a section as a home for mods info.

Yeah, xenfans has been quite busy this week. We've prepared 39 modifications/addons/customizations/info/tools/etc for XF, and looking forward working with the software to hook them into the right spots, and properly integrating them with the templates, phrases, software, etc. But they work (most of them) stand alone -can't wait for a .zip

Floris thanks for posting in about xenfans - please put the URL of the site and list the mods you're talking about.

It'll help people plan towards making the decision to buy XF if they know what kind of mods are on the way. Plus connect them to you and xenfans.

I plan on making mods for the the suggestions people post whom get the response "this would be better in a mod". Basically browse through the threads and in the suggestions forum and see which ones they are.

Brandon - great. Pleazse list the mods you are thinking about so far.
It's great to know you're going to be an XF modder and your approach is extremely methodical and sensible. But we want to see what delights are coming our way!

Floris thanks for posting in about xenfans - please put the URL of the site and list the mods you're talking about.

It'll help people plan towards making the decision to buy XF if they know what kind of mods are on the way. Plus connect them to you and xenfans.
Since XenForo is NOT released, I have no intention of listing something I can't guarantee to release.

This thread is only about PLANS and IDEAS. It's not about undertakings or guarantees.
No one can say anything definite until after they've seen the backend of XenForo (Template system and plugin system).

Also, some people are less likely to give details about their plans because they're intended as commercial, and someone might copy their idea, making it harder for them when they plan to release. 

This thread is only about PLANS and IDEAS. It's not about undertakings or guarantees.
Well, when I make threads with a request alike yours, others post in it too, so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

At least now you know we have some plans, and what sorts of mods. When there's more info to share, we will.

now you know we have some plans, and what sorts of mods.

<laughing> No we don't know what sorts of mods!
Come on guys. I'm not asking for a detailed description of your planned mods just what TYPE.

Like - I'm thinking of doing
- a very basic cms /
- a memberslist tweak to add a field that shows X
- a mod to send notifications to a usergroup from a selected forum
- a tweak mod to move some of the header links around
etc

If you do that you'll get people contacting you, or a discussion started on a new thread to look at what users would like to see in your mod. That'll help you plan it in adv ance.

I did say: " modifications/addons/customizations/info/tools/etc."

and i also said that when the time is right we will disclose more details.

Good things come to those who wait. This is still in alpha, dont' fool yourself.

Brandon - great. Pleazse list the mods you are thinking about so far.
It's great to know you're going to be an XF modder and your approach is extremely methodical and sensible. But we want to see what delights are coming our way!
Can't really say at this instance in time, lets see what the future holds.

What kind of stuff would you be planning for your own site Coby?
Not sure. Most likely moderation tools and other additions to make admin of big boards life easier.

Don't rightly know. I just want to support kier and mike, and I think the best way to do that is by giving potential customers the best tools available, building on what is standard in the product, to make the tools more specific.

Top Bottom