1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo mobile solutions available today?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kevin, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I am wondering what the general solution is that everybody is coming up with for XF in regards to mobile devices?

I am in the midst of planning a new site and have an eye towards using one of my XF licenses with it. I've been talking to a few different people who would be part of the targeted demographic and, surprisingly, the topic of mobile devices kept coming up.

Personally I prefer a mobile style solution over a device specific app' but browsing the forums I've seen various topics regard some people starting work on a mobile style and others recommending Tapatalk.

Short of a true mobile style or device app', has anybody come up with some methods of making the default XF style a little more mobile friendly (eg: turning off the sidebar automatically if a mobile device browser is detected)?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting about that one. Will have to check it out. :)

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I don't have any app at all. XF renders, and works, fine on my iPhone and iPad, and my friends' Evo.

5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

It renders, yes, but like most forums the full style is a bit squished. Some simple stuff like being able to suppress the sidebar if on a mobile device would help out so people don't need to zoom in.

Peggy likes this.
  6. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Android, iPhone, NDS and PSP screen sizes are common in the way of mobile devices.

7. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I use Forum Runner and love it! Until Kier and Mike create a mobile style I will continue to use it.

Jamie

8. Euroman

Euroman Active Member

How do I install the tapatalk app?

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

10. Euroman

Euroman Active Member

Thanks, will look at it.

11. Temery

Temery Active Member

I am curious how the mobile feature may work. I have one site using xenforo. Would a mobile feature kick in if someone visits via a mobile device ... But the "regular" xenforo kicks in if the user visits via a computer?