Duplicate XenForo Media Index View - Dynamic Grid Layout

arn

I just recently hopped on with the Media Gallery. It is great, but the strict square grid view of the new posts seems a bit dated.

I was previously playing around with attachments myself to try to present them better on our forums. I ended up testing with Gridzy:
https://wandls.net/products/gridzy/ to test with.

While it would require a license to distribute in Xenforo, there are probably other alternatives. But I think the dynamic rearrangement and ability to display different aspect ratios makes for a much prettier view.

Here's a comparison:

XFMG Standard grid:
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.24.05 PM.png

Dynamic grid showing the same images

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.27.43 PM.png

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
See:

And note that we have a dedicated suggestions forum for the media gallery.

I haven't used Search Forums yet but I thought it was all about aggregating similar/related/curated content and funneling it for better discovery instead of relying on browsing multiple forums.

That is the benefit of search forums, yes. There’s no benefit to curating the different product suggestions in that way.

I guess as a staff member you are trained to visit each category. As a member I venture toward the main one and don't visit the others unless I am posting. From the member perspective it may be something to consider.

Top Bottom