XenForo Media Gallery Question

PumpinIron

My forum is https://wranglertjforum.com

A lot of the members of my forum are constantly asking me for some sort of a "gallery" feature that would let them sort of maintain their own photo gallery.

The question I have is by default, is each members gallery page accessible from their profile? So if I saw someone posting in a thread and I clicked on their avatar, would I see a link to their gallery? Or better yet, under their avatar and info (i.e. message count, join date, location, etc.), would there be a link to their gallery?

Hello,
The question I have is by default, is each members gallery page accessible from their profile?
Yes, have a look here :
So if I saw someone posting in a thread and I clicked on their avatar, would I see a link to their gallery?
No, but in the memberTooltip :
Or better yet, under their avatar and info (i.e. message count, join date, location, etc.), would there be a link to their gallery?
Yes, with an add-on but no longer available :
I can make it if you want ;)

Regards, SyTry

I'm playing around with the media gallery demo (didn't know there was one) as we speak. I think the cool way to do it might be to add an automatic link in their signature or under their avatar that says "gallery".

When you click on it, it would simply take you to that person's individual gallery.

Since my forum is automotive based, people keep asking me for the ability to upload photos of their vehicle to their own "album" of sorts.

I'm playing around with the media gallery demo (didn't know there was one) as we speak. I think the cool way to do it might be to add an automatic link in their signature or under their avatar that says "gallery".

When you click on it, it would simply take you to that person's individual gallery.

Since my forum is automotive based, people keep asking me for the ability to upload photos of their vehicle to their own "album" of sorts.
Something like that but for XFMG ?

The question I have is by default, is each members gallery page accessible from their profile? So if I saw someone posting in a thread and I clicked on their avatar, would I see a link to their gallery? Or better yet, under their avatar and info (i.e. message count, join date, location, etc.), would there be a link to their gallery?

Yes, this is possible.

Can the Gallery be programmed for the following:

1. Use the gallery images to populate threads with images hosted on the server that hosts the particular XF forum. This would avoid the need for members to host images elsewhere or give them some insurance in case the services get into a problem. It will also prevents large threads being orphaned when someone’s much-discussed image has a broken link.

2. Vacuum up, (find and save), each posters existing image URL, (from Flickr, Smugmug and the like), and replace it to one with a new URL link pointing to his/her custom gallery page

3. Allow for e-commerce with sale of prints and licensing of images, (as chosen in preferences by the photographer owning the images).

4. If this cannot be done, any ideas on who can program these changes or other 3rd party software, that is free-standing but can be camouflaged to look as if it’s seamless to XF?

Asher

Thanks Brogan for the fast answers.

6. Any idea who here might be able to program what I need based on an existing Gallery app or from scratch?

7. The “find and store” function of already posted images, surely could be programmed?

8. Do you think just the commerce aspects of the sale of photographs in galleries could be handed off to an existing proven art gallery software merely linked to the XF platform, to appear part of it?

Asher

Top Bottom