xenforo license without any extras+questions before migrating

S0h3!L

Hi.

Sorry about my bad english!
I'm living in Iran and here because of stupid inflations and currency and goverment issues (we are the third: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inflation_rate ) it's really hard for me to pay 140$ !
And i was wondering if it is possible to lower the price of the license by removing extras such as 12 months of ticket support?!
I know it sounds stupid, but 140$ for me here is like tripling our money!...

And i have some other questions:
1. are the addons free or should i pay for them too? when you buy a vbulletin license, you can free download most of the addons from vb.org... is it like this for xenforo too?
2. says here :
Support and upgrade access can currently be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months
if i don't want to upgrade my xenforo to a new version, do i still have to pay this $40? if i won't pay this, does my license expire and count as a illegal installation?

Thanks.

1. Addon prices are set by the developer. Some are free, some are paid.
2. You can still use the license even after expiration, you just can't access newer versions.

Liam

Thanks for the fast responses!
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/ :
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/vbulletin_4-to-xenforo_1-2-png.53230/
What's with that "This step cannot be run yet." thing?! does it means that these things are not going to be imported? and those 2 first ones are?

1. Addon prices are set by the developer. Some are free, some are paid.
most are non-free, right? are the popular ones that are needed and can make the forum be more like a vb forum, free or non-free?

It means the step is dependent on an earlier step which hasn't yet run.
Let me make sure i fully understanded this; all the items in that picture can be imported, right?
I don't know any of this addons because i didn't start using xenforo yet, my question is; are the needed and popular addons free, or paid? do i have to pay any extra for some addons or could i find a free alternative one...?
again, sorry for my bad english!
thanks.

all the items in that picture can be imported, right?
Correct.

I can't help you with regards to add-ons.

I have linked you to the most popular free and paid add-ons.
It's up to you to decided whether you need or want any of them.

If your primary concern is free add-ons then you may want to consider looking at other software which has a larger selection of them.

I don't know any of this addons because i didn't start using xenforo yet, my question is; are the needed and popular addons free, or paid? do i have to pay any extra for some addons or could i find a free alternative one...?
again, sorry for my bad english!
thanks.
It really depends on what you want. If you require a gallery the only options are paid. One of my forums has 2 paid add-ins and about 50 free ones. Another has at least 12 paid and 42 free. Without knowing what you consider a necessity it's hard to answer.

If your primary concern is free add-ons then you may want to consider looking at other software which has a larger selection of them.
Nope, xenforo is the right thing for me in any way! i don't know why i didn't start my forum with it in the first place!

Thank you guys all, i really appreciate your help :)

oh and the last question:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-post-thanks-to-likes.5939/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbseo-likes-importer.2021/
can i use these two at the same time? because my forum hast both (vbseo like,post thank you hack) enabled!?

--
Can i change my display name here?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can i prove to my visitors with xenforo.com/api that i use a valid xf license? (without them asking me each time for a new token)
like if i put the token in a post in my forum so any one can check validation with it?

I say this because some people are really jealous and stupid and they won't believe me with a simple word or even a screenshot of my customer area or something like that!
And also because unfortunately in Iran most people use pirated software!...

Can i prove to my visitors with xenforo.com/api that i use a valid xf license? (without them asking me each time for a new token)
like if i put the token in a post in my forum so any one can check validation with it?

I say this because some people are really jealous and stupid and they won't believe me with a simple word or even a screenshot of my customer area or something like that!
Why do you need to prove to your visitors that you use a valid copy? The main ones that will be concerned with it are the developers that sell add-ons only to validated sites (and they have a method for that) or to XenForo.
If the users are insisting that you provide information to prove you have a licensed copy I'd worry more about that as maybe they want to figure out a way to "pirate" validation.

First, welcome to XenForo, :)

Second, regarding proving you are licensed or not to your members: I understand why you are asking because of your post I just quoted. Couldn't you just make a sticky thread about your copy being legal and place a link to a post you make here where only licensed members can post to? That would be about as far as I would go, anything more and your members will most likely still have doubts.

The validation token is for other licensed XenForo owners to ask for so that they know if one is licensed or not, I would not make it public.

Why do you need to prove to your visitors that you use a valid copy? The main ones that will be concerned with it are the developers that sell add-ons only to validated sites (and they have a method for that) or to XenForo.
If the users are insisting that you provide information to prove you have a licensed copy I'd worry more about that as maybe they want to figure out a way to "pirate" validation.
Thank you for your reply but don't think you understanded what i said! here in Iran, only like 5% of people respect or understand the copyright rules or the badness of using pirated and cracked software! and it's not people's fault, it's our stupid goverment's fault! a goverment really takes effect on people! most people who use pirated software don't even know what a "pirated software" means, softwares, games, etc can be bought every where or free downloaded every where and people don't know the company of this software isn't happy about this!
And if my people know that this is stealling, they wouldn't do this (at least most wouldn't)
so for this reasons it's hard for some people to believe! because they will think im like the other Iranian people...
and because my forum is about GNU/Linux, FOSS and freedom and linux users are really concerned whether im using pirated software or not...
so i really gotta prove it to them! :)
First, welcome to XenForo, :)

Second, regarding proving you are licensed or not to your members: I understand why you are asking because of your post I just quoted. Couldn't you just make a sticky thread about your copy being legal and place a link to a post you make here where only licensed members can post to? That would be about as far as I would go, anything more and your members will most likely still have doubts.

The validation token is for other licensed XenForo owners to ask for so that they know if one is licensed or not, I would not make it public.
Thank you :)
and place a link to a post you make here where only licensed members can post to?
where would that be? can they view it or would it give them a permission denied kind of thing!? :D do you really think it's gonna work?

I'm really sorry if my english is bad!:(

Top Bottom