1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo keeps logging me out each time i create a new node in the admin panel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by SavvyShopper, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SavvyShopper

SavvyShopper Member

is anyone else having this problem? I'm in the process of setting up my forum and each time i try to create a child node, it logs me out after it is created. Then I log in again, create another node, and i get logged out again.

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Did you cache sessions?

3. SavvyShopper

SavvyShopper Member

Sorry, I'm new at this stuff. I have no idea what that means.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you haven't made explicit changes to library/config.php, you're not caching sessions.

However, I would suggest that this could be caused by something like mod_security or some overzealous server security feature, though I'm not sure why. You haven't found anywhere else in the control panel where it happens? Does it happen after editing a node?

5. SavvyShopper

SavvyShopper Member

I just installed Xenforo, and I didn't make any changes to anything else. I just started creating Nodes and this keeps happening to me. Did I miss a step in the installation process? I followed the installation manual and I used the tool to check that all files are there

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you submit a ticket with admin CP access details and we'll see if we can reproduce it?

7. SavvyShopper

SavvyShopper Member

Ok, thanks

8. SavvyShopper

SavvyShopper Member

I think I found the problem. Earlier I was tethering with my cellphone for internet connection in the library to customize my Xenforo. But now when I'm back at home on a dedicated internet connection, everything is fine and I'm not getting logged out each time i create a node. Weird...

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your IP address most likely changed while tethering, which would have caused your session to invalidate.