Xenforo is the Nintendo of Forum Software

I have promised a couple times here and with some friends to write a article about Xenforo and here it is. Please view the rest of it on my web site and comment there if you like.

Xenforo has become the fasting growing forum software that I have known since it’s release over a year ago. It’s slick design and it’s way to reshape the way forums act and feel has taken many by surprise.

In many ways Xenoforo reminds me of Nintendo with it’s ability to invent ideas in a new way and to capture people’s imaganations. Like the Wii and the DS, Xenforo has created a product that many people like. It feels quite new but yet it’s a forum software that’s been around for a long. There’s a sense of a Innovation In forum boards at the moment as social network has started to push into their terrority. Xenforo enbraces the idea of putting social networking into their software, by taking the best of it and adding it into it. The Alerts, notices, and other aspects show there’s still alot of life in forum boards and that Facebook will not crush forum admins.

http://www.christicehurst.net/archives/1009

Interesting analogy.
Does xenForo's slick feel and speed compare to the breakthrough that was the Wii controller ?
Probably not, but I love them both.
I've used xenForo software for a year and I feel the strongest part of Xenforo is a better User Experience. The improved speed, the exceptional implementation of Likes, and the "infinitely bettter than vB" attachment uploads stand out for me. The new (coming !) feature of Notices follows the idea of taking something old and supercharging it.

I'm also sure that Xenforo 2.0 will be much better than the WiiU !

Some people may think Xenoforo is like Apple where they perfect something that's been out for a long time. However Kier isn't the guy who's currently suing other companies. Xenoforo seems more friendly like Nintendo and hopefully contines to be repsected by mot just it's admin users but by the wider community.

In many ways Xenoforo reminds me of Nintendo with it’s ability to invent ideas in a new way and to capture people’s imaganations. Like the Wii and the DS, Xenforo has created a product that many people like.

I agree with the spirit of your post: Nintendo did things differently, and gained a lot of customers. I never thought much about a portable game device that had two screens, one of which was a touchscreen...until I bought one. It took portable gaming beyond a small single screen controlled by a D-pad and buttons--it changed how we interacted with the game. The Wiii also changed home gaming consoles similarly, by changing how we interact with the console. We can now use natural movements to interact with the game, rather than be stuck with the D-pad and buttons that the competition had at the time.

XenForo has done similarly: take something familiar we've used for many years, but change how we interact with it. Quick response, more user-friendly controls, integrated "social" features, and numerous other small touches help to make it a more pleasant experience. The end users find it familiar, yet easier and more responsive to use; the jump in visits to my XenForo forums has been more than noticeable.

I don't think we are moaning about companies here lol. I do know Nintendo has a long history of being quite stubborn and that stems from their past CEO who would rather burn their bussines to the round than let someone like Microsoft or Apple buy them out. I would likely do the same thing!

Nintendo made the D pad too which is funny how they innovative from their own past creations. I think Xenforo has made things easier already but I feel there's still cards yet to play by Kier.

Kier - the Miyamoto of Forums. Like the sound of that?

I wouldn't say like Nintendo, to be honest, Nintendo just keeps making stupider consoles. Take the Gamecube and now the WiiU.

Care to add any weight to your disagreement?
I didn't want to go off topic, but since you asked.

Yes, Nintendo is infringing on Patent Number 7,796,116 with their Wii (mote) when they got rejected by the patent office for prior filed patents. Yet, they decide to be 'innovating'.

I think it's unfair to compare XenForo Limited with Nintendo.

Nintendo is an old company revamping nostalgia. XenForo Limited is not.

Nintendo is trying to change it's business model, while it should be changing the market it's in. XenForo Limited understands the market it's in, plays it in order to try and change it. Rather than adapt their business model to it.

Top Bottom