xenForo is so nice...

I'm feeling he same sentiment Bonsai! This piece of software has almost no cons compared to my needs from vBulletin and the support so far is really awesome :)

Well I was on here nearly everyday when I was changing over from vB to Xenforo getting thing ready and understanding it all.
Now I've changed to Xenforo I pop in from time to time here but that's about it, why? Well it just works and works great, happy I did the switch....

Well I was on here nearly everyday when I was changing over from vB to Xenforo getting thing ready and understanding it all.
Now I've changed to Xenforo I pop in from time to time here but that's about it, why? Well it just works and works great, happy I did the switch....

and this is what we told you when you first asked about it (y)

This is something I can see myself doing some time in the forseeable future. I'd be interested to hear how your move went. Did you have any major hassles or unexpected problems/issues, that sort of thing?

I'd be interested to hear how your move went. Did you have any major hassles or unexpected problems/issues, that sort of thing?
Not really no, I did around 3 full test imports, making sure things went ok.
On the day of the real import it went smoothly and just had to tidy up some permissions as they work a little different than vB..
That's the key imho, do test imports and get things right.
If you hit a problem post about it on here, or search to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

OK, that's great. What method did you use for the tests? Backup default xenforo install and DB, import, restore XF defaults, reimport .... and so on. Or did you do something else?

OK, that's great. What method did you use for the tests? Backup default xenforo install and DB, import, restore XF defaults, reimport .... and so on. Or did you do something else?
I installed Xenforo onto a / folder with it's own data base, so example my domain www . mydoamin.com/xentest
Then I put my vB Forum into maintenance mode
Then back to my Xenforo test site and did the import from my vB forum into Xenforo
Then did al the playing around I wanted to with the Xenforo test site then deleted everything and did it again, each time learning something new, solving new problems, installing add ons and skins and such until I was ready for the real import,,,

I feel like I need to come back and comment once more for the record. March 6... no issues. This produce is sooooo slick. I enabled location showing up in member's profiles, and it auto-links location to Google Maps. There are so many tiny touches like this in this product, I can't say enough about it. My members have all responded favorably and my site traffic is up 25% just from the mobile functionality.

Great job, xenForo!

Last edited:
Top Bottom