XenForo File Structure

Cezz

Wondering if we can see a representative tree of the XenForo File Structure?

I know most wont find this the most interesting thing ever but it does interest me as I am a freak for keeping my files nicely organized. (Probably the only think I keep neat).

I would love to see the only things in root folder are

Index.php
.htaccess
ajax.php (maybe)

That is it I would hope everything else is in folders...

I am sure it would just be a case of

1. Rename the file.
2. Change the .htaccess rewrite rule

but then there would need to be a

3. Setting to say what URL the forum home should be at as it will not be / but maybe /forum/

Alternatively install XenForo in a /forum/ folder.

I am sure it would just be a case of

1. Rename the file.
2. Change the .htaccess rewrite rule

but then there would need to be a

3. Setting to say what URL the forum home should be at as it will not be / but maybe /forum/

Alternatively install XenForo in a /forum/ folder.
Thats probably what will need to be done.

It would be just as easy to put XenForo in a sub-directory, no?
It was going to be a forum created similarly to how XF was, so it would only be a single file in the actual directory, with the rest in sub directories, so it seemed pointless to do it in a separate directory.

Its not an issue, but we'll likely have to do this. 

If you're using a VPS or have access to WHM/command prompt, just change Apache's default page to something like portal.php, then put index.php after it. Should work, though I feel like I'm missing something...

If you're using a VPS or have access to WHM/command prompt, just change Apache's default page to something like portal.php, then put index.php after it. Should work, though I feel like I'm missing something...

That won't work using the .htaccess catch all style event, because even if directoryindex is called portal.php the htaccess is still going to call index.php and that has 1st priority.

Top Bottom