1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo Enhanced Search

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Kira666, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Kira666

Kira666 Member

XenForo Enhanced Search - who can link a forum on xenforo using this script?

Want to see the difference beetwen the standart search and Enhanced Search.
  2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Only difference in the front-end is that you can search for less than 3 character words and it's much faster but then speed depends on server resources, data-base size, etc so you can't really see that from a demo.
    Kira666 likes this.
  5. Kira666

Kira666 Member

the result of the search is the same? only speed defference?
    i thoght it'll be same as on the http://www.elasticsearch.org/ on the top of the site.
    Pitty :(
  6. RobParker

I'm not sure what you mean? That's just a style change that I'm sure someone could help you with. The search addon is ALL about performance for large sites with big databases where a standard mysql search would take 10 seconds to return something, ES is almost instant.
    Kira666 likes this.
  7. Kira666

Kira666 Member

Is it hard to install this search on a forum later? Than i'll be a big, cause now i'm going open it and for a 5-6 months i think this script won't help me.
    It'll be great to make the same search as on http://www.elasticsearch.org/
  8. RobParker

There are guides on here but it's maybe something your host needs to do for you. Also it uses a LOT of memory which is something to bear in mind.

I'd definitely recommend leaving it until you are sure you require it. If your current search doesn't seem slow you don't need it.
    Kira666 likes this.