XF 1.2 Xenforo E-Mail

ocelotcr

Im getting a load of server errors with the following message :

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at 5.5.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 j9sm85368035paj.18 - gsmtp -library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 6:05 PM

#0 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(261): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(250, 300)
#1 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(207): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->mail('ocelotcr@hotmai...')
#2 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(62): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(9.9517688751221)
#6 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(208): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 9.9517688751221, '')
#7 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.9517688751221, '', false)
#8 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(284): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /var/www/html/forumHIDDEN/deferred.php(18): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}

It appears to do with the G-Mail authentication, but is there another way I can use for xenforo E-Mail rather than G-Mail as their authentication is harsh.

It looks like a simple authentication issue. You should make sure the username and password you're using is correct, i.e. make sure it logs you in if you use those details at Gmail.com.

It also recommends using this link: http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Which usually unlocks the account if it has previously suspected unauthorised access.
Hey, that seems to fix the server errors,
But I now get no server errors, but none of the E-Mails actually come through?

Top Bottom