1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 XenForo Directory 18GB

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by bcercan, Oct 28, 2014.

1. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

Hello,

I've a forum with almost 1m messages but my forum directory's size is 18GB.

Users are not allow to upload attachements or anything like that but how it can be 18GB?

Is this about new image/links cache system? Where XenForo caches these things?

2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

most likely

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The image proxy temporarily stores images on your server in case the source goes down temporarily.

4. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

Is this normal that kinda site has 18gb without users not allow to upload attachments? I just have my forum and some add-ons etc. That's it.

5. Jeremy

If you have turned on the image proxy, it is possible.

6. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

What's the main purpose of that proxies? I'm using CloudFlare Pro, should I activate also XenForo image/link proxies? Or just CloudFlare enough?

7. Jeremy

The link proxy allows you to track links outgoing and how often they are clicked. The image proxy caches images on your server so that if they are temporarily unavailable, your site still displays them for a short amount of time. You can configure how long these are stored.

8. Jeremy

Have you also looked in the directory to see what is really taking up all the space?

9. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Which directory is used for the cached files?

Is this setting located in Options->Logging Options ?

10. Jeremy

The cached files are stored within the data directory and you can't change they. Have you determined which sub directories contain the most amount of memory?

11. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

I'm not the OP so I don't want to hijack his post. I'm following as my /data/... values are growing as well.

So, if I reduce the timeframe in Options->Logging Options then the system will remove the outdated cached data?

12. Jeremy

13. timothy259856

timothy259856 Active Member

Check your avatar folder :rolleyes: