XenForo development cheat sheet for dummies

tyteen4a03

Sometimes all a developer needs is just a cheat sheet on how things are done, then they can pick it up from there. Sadly a collective one has yet to exist.

I would like to start one but I will need some help (as I am also a newbie). Is anybody interested in editing? Right now I'm throwing this idea out here to see if anybody is interested.

I did do some planning but nobody seems to care.

I was watching the thread in hopes a cheat sheet would be developed or already existed.

My online time is getting squished but I'd love to contribute to the project with the little bit that I've learned. You are welcome to send me a PM, and we can go from there.

I would be interested in this as well. Even a basic list of the Dos and Don'ts.

I've literally only started reading up on XenForo development, but most of the info seems to be outdated and the members who have written basic guides, aren't on this community any more.

The biggest problem is finding someone with the apt knowledge to do it. It would be great to get an official guide from Kier/Mike or even from some of the XenForo developer veterans.

I would be interested in this as well. Even a basic list of the Dos and Don'ts.

I've literally only started reading up on XenForo development, but most of the info seems to be outdated and the members who have written basic guides, aren't on this community any more.

The biggest problem is finding someone with the apt knowledge to do it. It would be great to get an official guide from Kier/Mike or even from some of the XenForo developer veterans.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/when-will-we-see-a-developer-documentation.13779/

An official one was being worked on, but it may have been deprioritised

even I badly want a developer document :(... I'm too newbie and due to non-availability of documentation... I have to post even small small issues in the support forum... I actually dnt like to disturb / or asking for support for small-small things :(...

There is some semblance of documentation around the forum. There are plenty of tutorials and existing support threads to get information from regarding development.

The term documentation could probably be better clarified. You can run phpdoc to get the code documentation. Perhaps what people are asking for are usage examples or code snippets of how to do certain tasks?

The term documentation could probably be better clarified. You can run phpdoc to get the code documentation. Perhaps what people are asking for are usage examples or code snippets of how to do certain tasks?

I usually refer them to as API Documentations, but even I don't read them unless I'm too lazy to - you just open the relevant PHP file and you're done. You can even do manual tracebacks.

Next up I am creating a bunch of checklists and takeaway codes for some very basic things in XenForo, including how to create an AdminCP page and how to create public pages. I've read other tutorials about creating an addon but they all look too confusing so I had to read Waindigo's code to get an idea how things work around here.

Top Bottom