XenForo Demo

Washington

I am looking to purchase XenForo and I wish to test out the Admin cmd panel first, however the free Demo is not working for some bizarre reason. It just refreshes on the same page, if anybody has got a working/can get it working I would be extremely grateful if you could PM me details.

Thanks!

I am looking to purchase XenForo and I wish to test out the Admin cmd panel first, however the free Demo is not working for some bizarre reason. It just refreshes on the same page, if anybody has got a working/can get it working I would be extremely grateful if you could PM me details.

Thanks!

You can use this Demo here: http://www.forum-software.org/demo/xenforo

As for the official demo, its not working for like one month... so...

Thank you for your answers.

i dont know why, but i thought demo is downloadable and just code-encrypted (perhaps because recently i have tested such solution on a different engine).

I was wondering how hard is to customize the design and do some tweaks in the registration to use our existing customers database so they wouldnt need to register.

So the demo is only a hosted version?

Thank you for your answers.

i dont know why, but i thought demo is downloadable and just code-encrypted (perhaps because recently i have tested such solution on a different engine).

I was wondering how hard is to customize the design and do some tweaks in the registration to use our existing customers database so they wouldnt need to register.

So the demo is only a hosted version?

Yes, it is only a hosted demo.

That was a fast answser - here you go with a Like.

Well to be honest XenForo has the best default design and functionalities from the scripts i tested.

BTW some may have some security issues, because installing software that is not developed for more than 140 days is a little scary (look at the last news at: http://xenforo.com/). But it seems, that its not an abondoned project and its still maintained (http://xenforo.com/community/forums/announcements/) so i will give it a try ;)

That was a fast answser - here you go with a Like.

Well to be honest XenForo has the best default design and functionalities from the scripts i tested.

BTW some may have some security issues, because installing software that is not developed for more than 140 days is a little scary (look at the last news at: http://xenforo.com/). But it seems, that its not an abondoned project and its still maintained (http://xenforo.com/community/forums/announcements/) so i will give it a try ;)

Development has halted due to a court case. The product is stable, and the case certainly didn't influence my purchase.

And why a court case affects the production process?

Even a "one-man companies" in such situations hire a lawyer or Law Firm to handle the paper work (the script is not free, so there shouldnt be financial problems). Preparing information to the lawyers takes a couple of days, but why to stop the developement? This would require a warrant from the court, and if such would be issued then selling the product would be the first thing that would be banned... And its not.

When you have a court case there are usually months between each time you need to go phisically to the court and there is a plenty of time between that. So this excuse is also scary... and fishy...

And why a court case affects the production process?

Even a "one-man companies" in such situations hire a lawyer or Law Firm to handle the paper work (the script is not free, so there shouldnt be financial problems). Preparing information to the lawyers takes a couple of days, but why to stop the developement? This would require a warrant from the court, and if such would be issued then selling the product would be the first thing that would be banned... And its not.

When you have a court case there are usually months between each time you need to go phisically to the court and there is a plenty of time between that. So this excuse is also scary... and fishy...

The court case has been dragging on for two years. It's probably going to end early 2013.
XF has an excellent legal team.
There are big financial problems for the developers because the legal bills are very high. As far as we know the developers have had to do other work to make a living as XF fees pay the lawyers. Thaty cuts their available time a lot.
Preparing paperwork for lawyers does not take only a couple of days. For a big cse it's almost a full time job. (I have done it). Every statement has to be checked, re checked, re checked in very thorough detail to get it correct. The detail on references is incredibly complicated.
In the last few months paperwork increases enormously. This is what is happening now.
There is no warrant to halt development or ban sales. But the developers are just exhausted and very stressed. They have been fighting a big corporation which has lots of money and professional staff. XF is three guys.

XF is stable, with 100s of addons. Support is fast and good.
The developers have promised to continue fixing any bugs and to do troubleshooting, and they have done that. Two of them are active on the board here recently.

You can buy now and know that you can use this version of the product as long as you like.
Or if you prefer, wait till the court case is done and the next version of XF appears.

well it seems the community is pretty strong here, and that is a convincing point, because abondoned projects dont have people that will share their spare time to defend those projects ;).

Top Bottom