XenForo Demo - Allow Export?

James

If somebody was to spend 3 days on a XenForo demo, playing with a style or making usergroups and permissions, they wouldn't want their hard work being wasted once the demo has expired.

I was thinking, it should be possible to export the contents of the demo (usergroups, permissions, etc) to then be imported into a real XenForo installation.

A demo is not inteded to be used for anything other than looking at the system and how it works. What you're saying should be done on a local install and shouldnt be done on a demo.

Yes I understand, but I know for a fact that users from other platforms will use the demo to see if they can replicate their current usergroup structure on XenForo. Instead of forcing them to have to redo it all, you can allow the user to export the permissions and then import them to their own XenForo installation.

I'm fully aware that actual building should be done on a local install, but the fact is that people will use a demo to build, so it should be more friendly and allow them to import it to their XenForo installation.

Top Bottom