Xenforo Cloud Queries

SRK

Hello,

I am planning to subscribe to Xenforo cloud and migrate my Facebook garden community with ~400,000 members to it slowly. I have a couple of questions in this regard.

1. Our community will be multi-lingual with English + one regional language? Can we manually translate the entire front end i.e category names and forum names into regional language? So that when user toggles between these two, they see either English or regional language content (not both together)? I tried doing this in admin of demo, can't figure out how to achieve this.
  2. Can Xenforo team help me add a language selector toggle button in the header itself?
  3. The cloud plan says that the storage limit is some 50GB. We expect people to upload a lot of photos. Does Xenforo automatically compress photos? If not how do we manage it?
Any clarification for these questions will be appreciated.

Can we manually translate the entire front end i.e category names and forum names into regional language?
Node names cannot be translated.

Can Xenforo team help me add a language selector toggle button in the header itself?
Styling and customisation support is available in the forum only.

We expect people to upload a lot of photos. Does Xenforo automatically compress photos?
You can set limits for file dimensions and sizes.
More storage is available on other plans.

Thanks for the quick response, Brogan!

I still don’t understand how exactly the language function works. I got some more queries after reading your reply.

1. Let’s assume that I built a node called “Vegetables” and add “Leafy Vegetables”, “Root Vegetables” as forums under it. Can we Atleast translate “Leafy Vegetables” and “Root Vegetables” into a regional language?
  2. Or are you referring that the node name “Vegetables” as well as the forum name “Leafy Vegetables” and “Root Vegetables” will stay in English irrespective of the language selected. But only the threads and posts can be in different languages?
  3. Suppose we run out of the storage space even after compressing images. What will be the cost of additional storage?

Can we Atleast translate “Leafy Vegetables” and “Root Vegetables” into a regional language?
No, node names cannot be translated.

But only the threads and posts can be in different languages?
Post content will only be in the language it is posted in.
Browsers can be used for translation purposes.

What will be the cost of additional storage?
As your plan approaches the storage limit, we would contact you to discuss options for upgrading.

Our community will be multi-lingual with English + one regional language? Can we manually translate the entire front end i.e category names and forum names into regional language? So that when user toggles between these two, they see either English or regional language content (not both together)? I tried doing this in admin of demo, can't figure out how to achieve this.
I have seen this request discussed before, and the conclusion was that it would be a mess.
Coincidence or not, check this post:
Makes sense or do you still have a usecase for this?

My idea was that the site would have two languages say English + Hindi with the UI & Content independent of each other. We will manually translate the UI (one-time activity). And the users can choose either English UI or Hindi UI. And as far as the content is concerned, they can opt to see either English content only or Hindi content only or it can be a mix of both.

I have seen some forums having this function and it was working fine. I forgot which software was powering the forum, some German one.

Top Bottom