Lack of interest Xenforo as a communication system in companies - force subscribe a member to specific content

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

mikoo

In my opinion Xenforo has high potentials as a communication system in companies (we are already using it with appx. 100 people). The ressource manager is great to pass on and exchange files. Using Xenforo in such contexts it would be great to be able to administrate when or under which conditions als users would be informed about entries via email. So if someone forgets to watch a thread and tick the option "and receive email notification" there is no easy way for an admin to fix this for people who are not very experienced using this kind of software.

mikoo

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not clear what the suggestion is.

Are you proposing that it is possible to force subscribe a member to specific content?
Whether that be an individual thread, forum, resource, etc.?

It's not clear what the suggestion is.

Are you proposing that it is possible to force subscribe a member to specific content?
Whether that be an individual thread, forum, resource, etc.?

Exactly! This may sound a bit weired in all other contexts, but for the given context this option helps to make things a lot easier for all users.

... that´s not quite the point. I do not want to know, who has read the thread, but I need to be able to force them to get an email as a notification.

You probably could auto subscribe them to a forum with email alerts and put your announcements in there.

And see who has read :)

Forcing a "receive email" will be considered as email spam I believe.

No, not in this context, because only the members of the company have access to the forum (it is a "closed shop"). The advantage using xenforo for this purpose is that xenforo is a very straightforward, nice and "handy" tool. You can even use the poll option for quick feedbacks in a team.

... it is not only used for the CEO sending messages to the staff, also the staff can send messages to all other members or just certain groups. The members would not have to log in to read the messages - this would safe a lot of time (but the messages would be available even if the emails were deleted). Members only have to log in to write messages, upload or download files.

IIRC, there is an add-on that will insert forum watch records on registration; that would probably go some way to solving the problem, though it really sounds like you actually want a mailing list with a forum backing. That add-on doesn't change the limits related to only one email/alert being sent about a thread until it's read though.

It sounds more like niche functionality, specific to your needs, rather than a core feature.

It depends how look on it. As a biologist I would say most solutions in nature were not invented to solve problems they do now ... i. e. the parts of our eyes were not invented to form an eye, but they actually ended up as such a brilliant invention.
I, being used to your software as a forum software, found it very convenient to use it in this other context. So the question rather is: Is this feature possibly easy to implement or not. If it is not that difficult, it might give your software another option of being used, simply there is no other software that can manage these tasks that easily. I would actually suggest your software to other companies.

@Mike: It is actually more than a maling list with a forum backing, at least the way we use it.

Top Bottom