XenForo and Web 3.0

Miacommunity

I don't know if this is the right section and maybe the question will make you laugh.
But how will it be possible to use XenForo when we enter web 3.0 and therefore into the decentralization of the web?
Has XenForo already provided a solution to that effect?

xenforo decentralized? you mean like Mastodon?, i haven't really seen any platform really truly decentralized other than bitcoin and open bazaar,

i think forums are not going back to the times when they were extremely popular, those days are over,

these days, it's too easy to arrest the forum administrator when you have content on your forum that isn't politically correct, government shut down your forum and jail you,
it's becoming dangerous to be a forum administrator these days, government tell you what you are allow to have on there

i can't really see XenForo becoming decentralized because the whole point of decentralization is that no one controls the content, and there isn't really an administrator to "ban" you, and deleting the content is impossible , so how would the xenforo company make money?

most of the decentralized applications like bitcoin and open bazaar are open source

if xenforo developed some sort of decentralized forum software and were making money from it, they would fall under the uk laws and im sure they would be "forced" to make so they would be able to delete content, because the uk is not as free as america, i think its run by the crooks in the EU nation, they lost their sovereignty years ago, it's a country in decline unfortunately

but i think forums will be around for a long time, there is lots of excellent small community forums out there, which will continue to exist,

i can't really see or understand how xenforo would go web 3.0
xenforo is good now the way it is, maybe u can give them some ideas
but always think "profits"

Last edited:
I'm thinking he means Web 3 as in decentralized, and likely with the use of blockchain technology. The only blockchain project that has the ability to host an entire website and apps is that of the Dfinity Foundation. Their project is called the Internet Computer Protocol (ICP).

The Internet Computer (ICP) allows Web3 services to run 100% on-chain, being the only protocol on top of which developers can build and users can enjoy fully decentralized applications. ICP ditches corporate cloud, insecure bridges and expensive oracles.
Source: ICP

Watch this for more information from the chief researcher on the project:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

these days, it's too easy to arrest the forum administrator when you have content on your forum that isn't politically correct, government shut down your forum and jail you,
it's becoming dangerous to be a forum administrator these days, government tell you what you are allow to have on there

Has that ever happened? Example(s)?

Can you name one person (forum admin) that has been told what is allowed? Arrested?

Can you name one person (forum admin) that has been told what is allowed? Arrested?
Yeah, I'm not sure what country he is in but the only content that could potentially bring the government down on your head here would be allowing people to openly advocate violence or post how to build bombs or something. Which wouldn't be allowed on my forums anyhow. That would be a permaban and maybe a phone call to the authorities from me.

It's not unheard of. For a specific examples Google Maxence Melo Mubyazi/JamiiForums or Conor Brian Fitzpatrick. Forum owners are not immune to criminal prosecution, plus there are many examples of civil cases being brought against the owner.

It's not unheard of. For a specific examples Google Maxence Melo Mubyazi/JamiiForums or Conor Brian Fitzpatrick. Forum owners are not immune to criminal prosecution, plus there are many examples of civil cases being brought against the owner.
Which countries are they in? I should have been more specific to the USA.

Conor Brian Fitzpatrick
From my Google search for this creep:
Fitzpatrick’s alleged victims have included millions of U.S. citizens and hundreds of U.S. and foreign companies, organizations, and government agencies. Some of the stolen datasets contained the sensitive information of customers at telecommunication, social media, investment, health care services, and internet service providers. For instance, on Jan. 4, a BreachForums user posted the names and contact information for approximately 200 million users of a major U.S.-based social networking site. Further, on Dec. 18, 2022, another BreachForums user posted details of approximately 87,760 members of InfraGard, a partnership between the FBI and private sector companies focused on the protection of critical infrastructure.
I work in healthcare IT. I see no issue with his forum being taken down and taken down hard. Wish I had been the one to do it.

However, what is the likelihood that a forum not trafficking in stolen private information is going to be subject to similar proceedings? Seems pretty miniscule to me.

I should have been more specific to the USA.
This one is USA.

However, what is the likelihood that a forum not trafficking in stolen private information is going to be subject to similar proceedings? Seems pretty miniscule to me.
I agree. I'd guesstimate 99%+ of forum owners are never going to see the inside of a court for running a forum.

Which countries are they in? I should have been more specific to the USA.
Conor Brian Fitzpatrick is USA based but there are others e.g.

I usually stay out of these things but i’d be more worried about what i post up on the web.
I’ve seen friends of mine on facebook not post stuff because they’ve been worried about their privacy.
I only post up stuff on facebook about my cat and my drawings.

I agree. I'd guesstimate 99%+ of forum owners are never going to see the inside of a court for running a forum.

Conor Brian Fitzpatrick is USA based but there are others e.g.

OK... doing ILLEGAL things on a forum is quite a different thing than the claim that some of been arrested for a forum that "isn't politically correct."

OK... doing ILLEGAL things on a forum is quite a different thing than the claim that some of been arrested for a forum that "isn't politically correct."
Being on the receiving end of legal action for defamation by somebody who really needs to stop using the court system as a subsitute for his parents, also applies to this.
Hence why i don't bother with making comment about any incident.
You can't use the internet to defame somebody or to spread misinformation about other things that have happened.
it's slander.

Being on the receiving end of legal action for defamation by somebody who really needs to stop using the court system as a subsitute for his parents, also applies to this.
Hence why i don't bother with making comment about any incident.
You can't use the internet to defame somebody or to spread misinformation about other things that have happened.
it's slander.
Yes. Of course. Slander and libel are illegal. If it's illegal OFFline, it's illegal ONline. That's lost on a lot of people who don't understand copyright and trademark (intellectual property) law. Ask me how I know!

My point being... the claim (posted above) that forum owners are being arrested for "politically incorrect" content is false.

Yes. Of course. Slander and libel are illegal. If it's illegal OFFline, it's illegal ONline. That's lost on a lot of people who don't understand copyright and trademark (intellectual property) law. Ask me how I know!

My point being... the claim (posted above) that forum owners are being arrested for "politically incorrect" content is false.
My point remains the same. Stop posting up politically incorrect stuff.
it gets you into trouble for slander

Top Bottom