Xenforo and Clickbank

Divinum Fiat

Not sure if this thread belongs here. I'm wondering if it's technically possible to register a monthly membership with Xenforo through Clickbank. Right now I have set account upgrades up through Paypal but would love to have affiliates promoting the account upgrades. Is it possible and if so, how do I set this up?

Thanks everyone. :-)

Not sure if this thread belongs here. I'm wondering if it's technically possible to register a monthly membership with Xenforo through Clickbank. Right now I have set account upgrades up through Paypal but would love to have affiliates promoting the account upgrades. Is it possible and if so, how do I set this up?

Thanks everyone. :)

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have not managed to merge the forum with any affiliate program. My forum is behind a Wordpress site where I keep my digital products behind Wishlist Member, I'm in the process of installing iDev and WooCommerce to work in unison. Unfortunately Xenforo is right now a stand-alone orphan until I figure out how to integrate XF into the main site.

I have not managed to merge the forum with any affiliate program. My forum is behind a Wordpress site where I keep my digital products behind Wishlist Member, I'm in the process of installing iDev and WooCommerce to work in unison. Unfortunately Xenforo is right now a stand-alone orphan until I figure out how to integrate XF into the main site.

I know that Amember will integrate Wordpress and Xenforo with single sign on. It basically takes the place of Wishlist Member. I used to enjoy using Wishlist but found it to be buggy and they have been slow to release new features such as Google First Click Free and direct billing with Authorize.net

I'm looking for a full Clickbank integration with Xenforo so hopefully will come across a way to do that. It's the instant batch of 100,000 affiliates that are appealing.

Yes, no kidding. If that can be worked out, I'll be back on Clickbank too. There has to be a way to make this work.

I figured out a dumb way to do it, but it's all manual.

You remove "registration" from your login dropdown, only have people be able to log in that way, can't register. Or you can remove the drop down box altogether and send people straight to http://xenforo.com/community/login/

Then, you put the Clickbank button on a sales page you create, or in your sidebar, etc. The person clicks it and goes to Clickbank to checkout. Then you make your ClickBank "thank you" page be your Xenforo registration page here: http://xenforo.com/community/register/ (replace with whatever your site URL is). So after someone orders via ClickBank they are sent to your sign up page and can create their account.

To prevent spammers and people looking for "freebies" you can change the URL of the page from /register to someone non descript like random characters /dwe2q3de2334d0 then manually approve each member when they join. That way, no one gets in unless they've paid. If a spammer tries to join, they don't get past the front door. You can say something like this on the registration page. "Thank you for joining, your order has been successfully processed by Clickbank. To complete your registration, please choose your username and password below. Your membership will be reviewed and approved within 24 hours (or less!). You'll receive a welcome email once your account is finished being set-up. Thanks for joining and we look forward to seeing you inside the members area!"

When someone cancels in Clickbank or their card bounces, etc., you get an email from Clickbank telling you, then you must manually shut down their access inside Xenforo and move them into an "expired" group. Next time the person tries to login, the "expired" person can be redirected to a special "renewal" sales page using this plugin: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-redirect-on-login-logout.1385/

Once it's all up and running, you would have to approve new members and move expiring/canceling members to the expired usergroup. The approval you can do as they come in, shouldn't be too difficult with 1 or 2 sales a day. When you start getting like 10 sales a day, you'll have money coming in and can pay a developer to build you a fully automated connection. For the cancellations and expired, do those once a week. Give people a few extra days, it won't hurt and they probably won't even be on the site anyway.

Clickbank will attempt to renew the credit cards over a 1 to 2 week period if they bounced, so you need the extra time anyway. Or just let the expired people stay inside the site if you don't want to deal with the hassle of banning them. Purge them once a month on the 1st. Review your ClickBank list against your members list so everything matches up.

Yeah it's not sexy but it works and shouldn't take more than a few minutes of your day to manage.

What do you think? Is this a workable solution?

I figured out a dumb way to do it, but it's all manual.

You remove "registration" from your login dropdown, only have people be able to log in that way, can't register. Or you can remove the drop down box altogether and send people straight to http://xenforo.com/community/login/

Then, you put the Clickbank button on a sales page you create, or in your sidebar, etc. The person clicks it and goes to Clickbank to checkout. Then you make your ClickBank "thank you" page be your Xenforo registration page here: http://xenforo.com/community/register/ (replace with whatever your site URL is). So after someone orders via ClickBank they are sent to your sign up page and can create their account.

To prevent spammers and people looking for "freebies" you can change the URL of the page from /register to someone non descript like random characters /dwe2q3de2334d0 then manually approve each member when they join. That way, no one gets in unless they've paid. If a spammer tries to join, they don't get past the front door. You can say something like this on the registration page. "Thank you for joining, your order has been successfully processed by Clickbank. To complete your registration, please choose your username and password below. Your membership will be reviewed and approved within 24 hours (or less!). You'll receive a welcome email once your account is finished being set-up. Thanks for joining and we look forward to seeing you inside the members area!"

When someone cancels in Clickbank or their card bounces, etc., you get an email from Clickbank telling you, then you must manually shut down their access inside Xenforo and move them into an "expired" group. Next time the person tries to login, the "expired" person can be redirected to a special "renewal" sales page using this plugin: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-redirect-on-login-logout.1385/

Once it's all up and running, you would have to approve new members and move expiring/canceling members to the expired usergroup. The approval you can do as they come in, shouldn't be too difficult with 1 or 2 sales a day. When you start getting like 10 sales a day, you'll have money coming in and can pay a developer to build you a fully automated connection. For the cancellations and expired, do those once a week. Give people a few extra days, it won't hurt and they probably won't even be on the site anyway.

Clickbank will attempt to renew the credit cards over a 1 to 2 week period if they bounced, so you need the extra time anyway. Or just let the expired people stay inside the site if you don't want to deal with the hassle of banning them. Purge them once a month on the 1st. Review your ClickBank list against your members list so everything matches up.

Yeah it's not sexy but it works and shouldn't take more than a few minutes of your day to manage.

What do you think? Is this a workable solution?

For anyone who wants to automate this process, the Clickbank API is here: https://support.clickbank.com/entries/22821303-ClickBank-API

I think this would be an excellent addon idea!

I think this could totally work if one wanted to do this manually. Good thinking. In my case I'm not sure how I could get around the fact that the first level is a free membership. So they're already registered. The upgraded forums are there visible to them, including the topic titles within, all but the content. So they're enticed to signed up for a forum they want access to. So they'll automatically go to "account upgrade" to get the paid membership. Not sure how to get Clickbank into it this way... :-( But this gives me something to think about and maybe make all forums a paid version of sorts. Yes, it would be great if we could get someone to create a Clickbank 'bridge.'

I think this could totally work if one wanted to do this manually. Good thinking. In my case I'm not sure how I could get around the fact that the first level is a free membership. So they're already registered. The upgraded forums are there visible to them, including the topic titles within, all but the content. So they're enticed to signed up for a forum they want access to. So they'll automatically go to "account upgrade" to get the paid membership. Not sure how to get Clickbank into it this way... :-( But this gives me something to think about and maybe make all forums a paid version of sorts. Yes, it would be great if we could get someone to create a Clickbank 'bridge.'

You could still do it, but you would need to find a place to put the Clickbank button when sometime tries to access the premium area. You could put it on a page you create or in the sidebar. If someone tries to access a premium forum, then redirect them to your sales page. The person goes through the process as I described then just goes to a thank you page you create (without a registration form). You then manually move them over to the "premium" group for access to the premium forum. The rest applies, manual cancellation etc.

The only difference is no registration form showing (because they're already registered). All my other steps should work. And you get the benefit of Clickbanks 100,000 plus affiliates to help promote your site.

Last edited:
There are some interesting ideas discussed here. XenReviews will indeed support ClickBank. Like @Alfa1 said it will be implemented differently, however I may still be able to grab your interest with a framework I am developing. I'm currently working on something I titled XR Merchant Framework which will be a part of XenReviews, however I also developed it to work independently to compete with bd Paygates as well as offer almost infinite possibilities as far as payment providers and items/upgrades that a site admin may sell. When I'm finished users will be able to develop plugins for it to sell their own items, and you can programmatically make these items do whatever you wish (make someone a valid user for a month for example). It will probably be a few weeks to a month until I get this framework to a useable state, but you may want to keep your eyes open for it.

Top Bottom