Xenforo 2.2.8 response time of the forum is slow

hongtrang

After I upgraded to version 2.2.8, the response time of the forum was quite a lot. I use webpagetest.org to test, First Byte Time (back-end processing): 37/100 (score F)

Before in version 2.2.7 P1, my First Byte Time always got an A.
I made no changes on the server side, is this a bug of Xenforo 2.2.8?
My config.php
Code:
$config['enableMail'] = true;

$config['fullUnicode'] = true;

$config['enableListeners'] = true;

$config['enableOneClickUpgrade'] = true;

//Used: br

$config ['enableGzip'] = false;

//Memcached

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;

$config['cache']['provider'] = 'Memcached';

$config['cache']['config'] = [

'server' => '127.0.0.1'

];

//Page Cache

$config['pageCache']['enabled'] = true;

$config['cache']['context']['page']['css']['provider'] = 'Memcached';

$config['cache']['context']['page']['config'] = ['server' => '127.0.0.1'];

$config['pageCache']['lifetime'] = 600;
My server has both Zend OPcache and Memcached setup. First Byte Time got an F after I upgraded Xenforo 2.2.8 :(

Last edited:
If you’re behind Cloudflare they have seemingly had issues today but are resolved now.

Aside from that, nothing I can pinpoint would cause this in 2.2.8 so that is likely just a coincidence plus we’ve not had any other reports of that so far.

If you’re behind Cloudflare they have seemingly had issues today but are resolved now.

Aside from that, nothing I can pinpoint would cause this in 2.2.8 so that is likely just a coincidence plus we’ve not had any other reports of that so far.
Thanks!
But
Cloudflare - I only use DNS :(
However, I don't understand why when I host on the same server, my other sites don't. Only my forum is suffering from this situation :(
Other domains (subdomains) I also only use DNS of CF

Yeah probably not Cloudflare then but highly unlikely to be caused by any changes in XF as far as I know at this stage.

You’ll need to try the XF default style and disabling all add-ons at least first.

Yeah probably not Cloudflare then but highly unlikely to be caused by any changes in XF as far as I know at this stage.

You’ll need to try the XF default style and disabling all add-ons at least first.
:(

First Byte Time (back-end processing): 51/100​

1652 ms First Byte Time
930 ms Target First Byte Time

If you enabled Xenforo debug mode before upgrade to take some measurements and then after upgrade, you could compare the debug time/queries to see where you differences are.

If you enabled Xenforo debug mode before upgrade to take some measurements and then after upgrade, you could compare the debug time/queries to see where you differences are.
Looks like Memcached doesn't work with my site.

2021-12-05 (2).png

Done!
I have solved the problem.
I don't understand why the Memcached configuration in the src/config.php file doesn't run in version 2.2.8 (previously in version 2.2.7P1 it still works fine).
I have corrected it as follows:
Code:
$config['cache']['css']['enabled'] = true;
    'server' => '127.0.0.1',
    'port' => '11211'
];
$config['pageCache']['lifetime'] = 360;
$config['cache']['context']['page']['provider'] = 'Memcached';
$config['cache']['context']['page']['config'] = [
    'server' => '127.0.0.1',
    'port' => '11211'
];
2021-12-05 (3).webp

Thanks everyone!

Well, given that the port number being added will do precisely nothing, that isn't what fixed it.

You can change the port value to anything, it won't have any effect. We literally don't use it in the code.

FWIW if you ever did need to change the port to something non-default then the syntax would be:

PHP:
    'server' => [
        ['127.0.0.1', 22122]
    ]
];

(It accepts an array of servers, so you can configure multiple servers if needed).

After I upgraded to version 2.2.8, the response time of the forum was quite a lot. I use webpagetest.org to test, First Byte Time (back-end processing): 37/100 (score F)

Before in version 2.2.7 P1, my First Byte Time always got an A.
I made no changes on the server side, is this a bug of Xenforo 2.2.8?
My config.php
Code:
$config['enableMail'] = true;

$config['fullUnicode'] = true;

$config['enableListeners'] = true;

$config['enableOneClickUpgrade'] = true;

//Used: br

$config ['enableGzip'] = false;

//Memcached

'server' => '127.0.0.1'

];

//Page Cache

$config['cache']['context']['page']['css']['provider'] = 'Memcached';

$config['cache']['context']['page']['config'] = ['server' => '127.0.0.1'];

$config['pageCache']['lifetime'] = 600;
My server has both Zend OPcache and Memcached setup. First Byte Time got an F after I upgraded Xenforo 2.2.8 :(
Why do we need so many extra config options? Some seem redundant.

Forgetting the "Memcached" issue, I see nothing for Opcache or to deal with JIT compiling of PHP 8. Are there any?

Top Bottom