Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.5.7 include:
- The interface used by admins to update user passwords has been improved to prevent accidental changes due to autofill.
- Improved usage of cURL in the PayPal upgrade processor to ensure that requests are still successful before the TLS 1.2 transition is required.
- Remove template editor border radius due to Chrome bug with horizontal scrolling.
- Add autofocus to the full page login form.
- Prevent image BB codes from being rendered when they couldn't possibly work.
- Fix issues with the BB code <-> HTML conversion process involving lists within alignment tags.
- Improved indication when your search failed or did not run as expected due to containing censored words.
- Allow case insensitive highlighting of non-Latin characters in search results.
- Limit nesting in the HTML to BB code conversion to prevent stack overflow errors.
- Fix various issues with thread tag importing.
- Fix for template modification disabling not working correctly when imported via style XML.
The following templates have had changes:
All customers with active licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.